Attachments

• 20131220_182205.jpg
    20131220_182205.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 346
  • 20131220_182217.jpg
    20131220_182217.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 331

Dhardjono

Hi xmouse thanks for the help it going good i added this gps pole i put the magnetic on the bottom i don't know if this is ok in this spot i almost finish time to balance props.View attachment 15211

Attachments

• 20131220_211127.jpg
    20131220_211127.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 353

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hi xmouse thanks for the help it going good i added this gps pole i put the magnetic on the bottom i don't know if this is ok in this spot i almost finish time to balance props.View attachment 18996

NO! I have been told that where you have put the compass will prevent calibration and not work well, move the compass away from the GPS dome , not far but out of its shadow at least half the length of the cable. the GPS stalk looks good but is not necessary and only provides more things to break when you have another incident, but yes it look sexy :nevreness: but we are going for practicality here

David

Dhardjono

ok thank i will move it i took it for a 1 battery spin in my apartment so far flying good but when i flick to gps it solid green what that means probably need compass calibrate View attachment 15212 The cover is crack i guess during shipping.

Attachments

• 20131220_232446.jpg
    20131220_232446.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 351

Electro 2

move the compass away from the GPS dome

What? The compass sensor is *in* the GPS dome/disc and not moveable by the user. Actually says so on the label. If you're refering to the in-line blivit-in-a-box, that's the back-up battery for the GPS receiver so it holds the last loaded ephemeris table for a few hours or so.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
ok thank i will move it i took it for a 1 battery spin in my apartment so far flying good but when i flick to gps it solid green what that means probably need compass calibrate View attachment 19013 The cover is crack i guess during shipping.

Something not right only solid green with Super X is in calibration mode I think you need to do that first.

David

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
What? The compass sensor is *in* the GPS dome/disc and not moveable by the user. Actually says so on the label. If you're refering to the in-line blivit-in-a-box, that's the back-up battery for the GPS receiver so it holds the last loaded ephemeris table for a few hours or so.

Well I just got confirmation and you are right I'm wrong, the compass is in the disk the rectangular box is the autopilot.

From XAircraftAustralia:

Nope. In the disk, the little box is the auto pilot. Easy way to tell, get a small magnet and put it on the box, then put it on the disk. When magnetic interference occurs the LED turns yellow. An iPhone or other smart phone does the same thing

Live and learn

David

Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Am i doing the leveling of the motor correctly. I first level the center and than level 4 motor mounts with the skids off.

I have tried all sorts of methods to level my motors. The most accurate one I have used was using a digital pitch gauge that is accurate down to .1 of a degree. However in reality I found this to take a very long time and it did not affect my flight in the slightest when compared to using the quickest and easiest method ie the Mk1 Eyeball method. Yes, using the eyeball meant that the motors were slightly out of exact alignment (showed in the logs that 4 motors were spinning slightly faster than the others) but this did not make 1 iota of a difference in terms of flight stability, yaw control or flight times and this is on a heavy lift octo with 5D plus heavy lens. Yes I know in theory that this is less efficient way of doing it but in practice this just didn't add up, for me at least. I therefore now stick to just using the Mk1 eyeball which is surprisingly accurate in its own right. It saves so much time faffing around with spirit levels / pitch gauges etc etc.

Just a thought for you really, I know that many of us are naturally and rightly anally retentive about our MR setups but in this instance my eye is now the tool of choice. Having spent years in the military using all sorts of high end sensors you get to understand just how good and accurate your eye can be, even for those who wear glasses!

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Just a thought for you really, I know that many of us are naturally and rightly anally retentive about our MR setups but in this instance my eye is now the tool of choice. Having spent years in the military using all sorts of high end sensors you get to understand just how good and accurate your eye can be, even for those who ware glasses!

I started my military career as a tank gunner so well aware of bore sights and other optical devices, I found them much better than my eyes! Super X people have a distinct advantage called Black Box that provides graphic and numerical analysis of motors and vibration.

As a user I can, without hesitation, state that motor levelling and prop balancing on a XAircraft X650 improves video when taken from that vehicle, how you go about levelling is your business, in the case of Super X a good result is an average below 0.5g in say a 5 minute flight

David

Dhardjono

okay I'll try it by eyesight is pretty good to me. Have one problem I'm noticing when I'm flying on attitude mode iit blink green but at like around 3 minutes it blinks red for 2 seconds then goes to go blinking green is there something wrong with super X I just tried it again around like 2 or 3 minutes I noticed the flashing green at attitude mode it turns red for like 2 seconds and then goes back to green but the flight is fine there's no twitchiness so should I be concerned.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
okay I'll try it by eyesight is pretty good to meI have one problem I'm noticing when I'm free flying on attitude mode it stays green the blank screen but at like around 3 minutes it blinks red for 2 seconds then goes to go back to green is there something wrong with ityeah I just tried it again around like 2 or 3 minutes I noticed the flashing green an attitude mode it turns red for like 2 seconds and then goes back to green but the flight is fine this there's no twitchiness so should I be concerned.

YES! Download the manual from here http://www.xaircraft.com/en/Products/FlightController/superx/ it has a full explanation of LED colours and sequences

David

Carapau

how you go about levelling is your business

Wow, that's a bit of a feisty reply. Yes it is indeed my business about how I level my motors but the point about this forum is that we share our experiences and techniques so that we can learn from each other. I wasn't in any way shape or form saying that one techniques is wrong or right, just offering my experience. Prop balancing will indeed improve video but I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about A method to level the motors not THE method. My DJI iOSD also offers graphical and numerical analysis and if I were to go on that alone, then yes using the digital pitch gauge made a huge difference however what I found in reality was that it made no benefit at all in terms of flight performance or efficiency. It's a question of diminishing returns really. The pitch gauge method took me a long time to get the angles all sorted verses the eye method and for no real gain at all.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Wow, that's a bit of a feisty reply. Yes it is indeed my business about how I level my motors but the point about this forum is that we share our experiences and techniques so that we can learn from each other. I wasn't in any way shape or form saying that one techniques is wrong or right, just offering my experience. Prop balancing will indeed improve video but I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about A method to level the motors not THE method. My DJI iOSD also offers graphical and numerical analysis and if I were to go on that alone, then yes using the digital pitch gauge made a huge difference however what I found in reality was that it made no benefit at all in terms of flight performance or efficiency. It's a question of diminishing returns really. The pitch gauge method took me a long time to get the angles all sorted verses the eye method and for no real gain at all.

Sorry it was not my intention to say it is YOUR business, I was simply trying to say it was anybodies business, if that makes sense! just so long as it gets done, certainly no shot at you,

David

Carapau

No worries. By the way did you operate on Abrams? I was lucky enough to visit the Abrams plant when I was posted to the US and they were making all the Aussie Abrams then- a very cool day out and great machines.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
No worries. By the way did you operate on Abrams? I was lucky enough to visit the Abrams plant when I was posted to the US and they were making all the Aussie Abrams then- a very cool day out and great machines.

I'm a bit older! the magnificent Centurion! but would have loved to do the Abrams

David

CrashMaster

The first tank I drove was a 1974 Volvo 240 (Wiki).

If you looked very closely you could see the welds on the roof where they had removed the turret.....:nevreness:

Dhardjono

YES! Download the manual from here http://www.xaircraft.com/en/Products/FlightController/superx/ it has a full explanation of LED colours and sequences

David

I read the manual and did another flight just now i still get this red light on for 2 sec at about 1 min and 35 sec it seem like the throtle cut out for a second than it stay green slow flash till battery is dead so there must be some thing wrong. In the manual say -LED Indication XAircraft LED design principle: on ground, Red lamp flashing means not allow to fly; Red lamp
flashing in the air, user should land it urgently then check.
mine just stay on about 2 second red light . Is there a way to reset the super x?

Also i am using the sbus for futaba radio tx 8 channel in the instruction

XAircraft IO V2 Interface
IO V2 has same function as IO V1 has. The only different is IO V2 support SBUS/SBUS2 of FUTABA
receivers. Users can connect SBUS output to X port of IO. When the IO is connect to SBUS
successfully, these port are changed.
IO Port Function
X SBUS Input
A Alter to be a output port, forward channel 9 signal from receiver
E Alter to be a output port, forward channel 10 signal from receiver
T Alter to be a output port, forward channel 11 signal from receiver
R Alter to be a output port, forward channel 12 signal from receive
The alter to chan 9 to 12 which i don't have so since it working i guess it goes to chan 1 to 5 ( maybe this is causing that red light but before the crash i did not have this problem )