XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

VIQuad

Normal! not sure there is such a thing, but your answer needs to come in 2 parts, firstly flight and secondly motor thrust, in my opinion and from what I have been told by XAircraft the motors should be very close together in thrust, they will vary due to wind attitude and how the body itself is set up.

These are from a flight yesterday firstly the height so you can see the vehicle climbing and hovering, secondly the power required by all motors to achieve the lift and hover together with reduction in altitude which also requires the motors to behave in a certain manner.

View attachment 19157View attachment 19158

I hope this helps.

David

I think what I take away from this is there should not be any "white" showing in between the motor lines. The colored lines should be working together and have no white from the chart background showing through, like Daniels and my chart show. Daniel and I clearly have some white of the background of the chart showing through. And perhaps this is why we both have vibration issues.

I'd still like to see some others. Maybe 3 different X650 quads to compare.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I think what I take away from this is there should not be any "white" showing in between the motor lines. The colored lines should be working together and have no white from the chart background showing through, like Daniels and my chart show. Daniel and I clearly have some white of the background of the chart showing through. And perhaps this is why we both have vibration issues.

I'd still like to see some others. Maybe 3 different X650 quads to compare.

Yes! but an over simplification! if there are heavy winds then there could well be separation between the motors as they fight to maintain a level attitude also if in an aggressive forward climb the motors will show separation so you need to find users to give you tranquil weather conditions and reasonably slow flights :nevreness:

Good luck

David

VIQuad

I see that folding and unfolding the arms can throw off the level/balance of the motors. Little things like that can slightly affect it over time. Something to frequently check.

Some of the things to consider when getting a folding quad. :D

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I see that folding and unfolding the arms can throw off the level/balance of the motors. Little things like that can slightly affect it over time. Something to frequently check.

Some of the things to consider when getting a folding quad. :D

The first thing I did in completing my X650 was to apply cable ties to the 4 arms, cannot see myself needing to fold them, as you say will alter the dynamics, and even in the slightest of hard landings an arm can fold itself and do damage.

David

Last edited by a moderator:

Electro 2

Attachments

• Motors.jpg
    Motors.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 246

VIQuad

The first thing I did in completing my X650 was to apply cable ties to the 4 arms, cannot see myself needing to fold them, as you say will alter the dynamics, and even in the slightest of hard landings an arm can fold itself and do damage.

David

Thats a good idea I suppose.

Sorta suck you have to do that in the first place. I was referring to others like a TBS Disco, Phantom, F450, F550, etc... or others that don't have folding arms because they are fixed. They are less prone to "leveling" issues.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Thats a good idea I suppose.

Sorta suck you have to do that in the first place. I was referring to others like a TBS Disco, Phantom, F450, F550, etc... or others that don't have folding arms because they are fixed. They are less prone to "leveling" issues.

Not really, portability was not high on my requirements when researching a vehicle, as it is, it sits neatly in the boot of the car fully extended, if I did have to fold it, cutting the ties and folding is nothing in time, when I'm at where I'm going I can apply the ties again, if I want to, and don't think that would have had any impact on the level, best of both worlds for me anyway.

The Phantom is a rigid shell and not really comparable here, the others I have seen commented about levelling, as I have been in the FPV forums, radios and others! so I think it is a 'generic' issue that doesn't get a lot of air time like prop balancing does. as exampled way back when I suggested Daniel level (not balance) his motors.

David

Dhardjono

Yesterday itry the 4 only softer dampener with the hook mount method i think it a little better but still have those vibrition after one battery i notice when i lift of it would go side way and tilt over it was my props nut loose after 9 battery run i did not check so check those nuts. here a video of the under carriage of the gimbal
windy day yesterday 1 guy flying a plane got his stuck on a tree. Here some thing i found out those props are made in USA and i order from china for the sf 8 doll and 6 doll for other i went to Bruckner hobby i they have them for 2.89 wow i ask him to order more. Today i will fly with the tarot let see how it can handle the vibriation. View attachment 15331View attachment 15332

Attachments

• 20131226_162556.jpg
    20131226_162556.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 20131227_100210.jpg
    20131227_100210.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 290

Dhardjono

I amhoping i get same result like my Arris 650 with the tarot gimbal like this video no wind that day
i have it with the hook all the way up front so less prop will be seen View attachment 15335
I found footage Arris instrong windy day

Attachments

• ARRIS 650M TAROT GIMBAL.jpg
    ARRIS 650M TAROT GIMBAL.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 160

Dhardjono

Ok now i happy happy :nevreness::nevreness::frog: the Tarot gombal work excellent i also added mouse pad between the carriage i will replace with moon gel but i think with out the mouse pad the tarot will do great job with out it here a video and picture where i put the mouse pad.View attachment 15352 This video is no stabilizer
this video has stabilizer
Now i am excited, Today was windY speed 11 mph to 15mph cold day i use only 3 battery. View attachment 15353 My friend Dave phantom had many crashes but keep on going. Here is the BLACK BOX http://log.xaircraft.com/#2013_12_27_174733.670_19.1.09.28

Attachments

• 20131227_161929.jpg
    20131227_161929.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 20131227_161947.jpg
    20131227_161947.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 185

Av8Chuck

Looks great. If you think you've isolated all your vibration you might want to try setting your GoPro to "medium" FOV @ 1080 to get rid of a lot of the fisheye.

Nice shots.

Dhardjono

Thanks guys i will try the medium on go pro also some one on you tube say powering the tarot with 2 cell battery is best i am using ubec converter i am going to give it a try.
There is a twitch here and there on video it probably is the tarot either wind or some thing else but over all i am satisfied.

CrashMaster

some one on you tube say powering the tarot with 2 cell battery is best i am using ubec converter i am going to give it a try.
Don't listen to everything on YouTube! If you are using a Tarot and the power input recommended as: Operating supply: DC 7.4V~14.8V (Li-Po 3S is recommended) then any voltage in the range from 2 to 4 cell Lipos is good. Their own documentation recommends 3s cell, which is 11.1v so if you have a UBEC putting out anywhere between 7.4v to 14.8v you are good but better still would be to have it put out 11.1v.
A direct suply from a 2s will give you 7.8v, fully charged but only 6.6v when almost discharge, which is within their range to start but lower than the minimum once discharged. Also if you don't use a UBEC then the voltage draw is what is in the cells to deliver. Fully charged 4s is too high and a discharged 2s too low. Where as a 3s fully charged or discharged deliver within their recommended voltage input, which is why I suspect that the reason they recommend 3S in the first place.
If your UBEC delivers 11.1v then that is the best and would keep it as that and ignore YouTube advise.

Dhardjono

Ok Crash Master will do i have ubec convert to 11.1 .i ALSO HAVE A 450 & 1000 AMH 3S battery very small i can run that for Tarot does not make any sense will i get more fly time using an extra battery or just use the ubec converter?