XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Yes I know and I agree.

There is not much out there that isnt stabilized to sell more product. The real raw out of the camera video from a X650 pro is sparse. Some people have a vested interest in stabilizing the video from the camera because it can help sales. :D And I'm aware of that, and thats fine with me. I just want to know what can be done to cure some of these minor issues. Until I'm there to see the quad fly and then play back the footage immediately on the computer with out any post production, I'm skeptical. :D

Oh sh*t...didnt see the video before. Dayum Trees!!!

This was my first flight X650 plus CM3000 RAW and it still isn't jerky like you first said

David

Last edited by a moderator:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
You like that vquad i was a bad boy so santa punish me it ok broke 3 prop and 30009 arm holder my fult i did not have gps cause it stop working again from 1st crash i will buy new one . I was trying fpv with 650 , believe it or not i do fpv with my phantom all the way around the island i follow the trail had no crash .

I fly FPV I find it is advisable to orientate the vehicle so you are LOOKING in the direction you are going, you avoid backing into trees that way :highly_amused:

David

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Test after applying moongel to spacers.

Video taken with Hero 3, topped and tailed in Quicktime uploaded to YouTube .Mov format, some will say that is post processing! shot at 720@60fps and trying to find optimum position for camera to avoid props and skids. strong wind gusts as can be seen by tree movement.

David

Dhardjono

Ok i try tarot gimbal i need a new board the one i have is bad it coming Thursday but tomorrow i will try again with the mouse pad i just finish balace motor

Av8Chuck

Video taken with Hero 3, topped and tailed in Quicktime uploaded to YouTube .Mov format, some will say that is post processing! shot at 720@60fps and trying to find optimum position for camera to avoid props and skids. strong wind gusts as can be seen by tree movement.

David

Anyone who knows much about video will tell you that is post processing video, for some reason people think post processing is bad, its not, just helpful to understand how it works if people are going to use it as a benchmark for quality.

Youtube does not support 60fps so if you didn't convert it to 30fps wouldn't it be nice to know how they convert it? This video stutters the same as the other video that I pointed out, getting smooth video is not only a function of a good MR and Gimbal but what effect frame rate, shutter speed and encoding has on motion blur, the smoothness and quality of the video. I think that if this vide was encoded and uploaded correctly that people viewing this online would see that you still have quite a bit of vibration. Am I wrong?

You can be offended by my comments but I suggest you view this as constructive criticism, I'm trying to help you.

Also, .Mov is not a format, its a wrapper that contains a format like .mp4, .H264, ProRes of even uncompressed.

Here's a grab of the analysis of your video you'll notice it is 1280x720 30P not 60P
View attachment 15316

Attachments

• MoonGel-test.jpg
    MoonGel-test.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 146

VIQuad

David

That's not bad....I can get stuff like this as well when I fly like that.

My concern comes from a faster flight/movement and above 50ft off the ground...and higher. I shoot everything at 1080@60fps...and have experimented with 30fps as well. I dont get jello. I get micro vibrations and tiny random shakes at various times in the flight.

I define jello as the annoying wavy lines you see in some peoples video. Not the tiny vibrations or shakes. Very simliar to what has been seen in Daniel's video.

Daniel - I'm not sure the Tarot will help either, but you can sure try. They are not that expensive($150). I have been through the Taort 2D gimbal too. It was OK at best, but still had the same problem(micro vibrations). Thats why I don't think its entirely the gimbal but the quad itself. And that's why I'm installing my rubber/silicone pads under the frame, like I have mentioned earlier in this thread. The X650 is not a "solid" quad like the phantom is. I feel like the phantom is a more solid piece of plastic and more "rigid". The X650 has an upper and lower section, if you will. And where those two sections meet, I feel like more could be done to stop vibrations coming down to the lower portion of the quad from the top. Which is where the vibrations originate from. ie. motors, props. My solution posted and explained above will be interesting to see how it works out.

VIQuad

This video stutters the same as the other video that I pointed out, getting smooth video is not only a function of a good MR and Gimbal but what effect frame rate, shutter speed and encoding has on motion blur, the smoothness and quality of the video. I think that if this vide was encoded and uploaded correctly that people viewing this online would see that you still have quite a bit of vibration. Am I wrong?

Av8- This is what I mentioned about David's other video last week about it looking "choppy". And he insisted that it wasn't and that my internet connection was just slow...?

But yes, I agree with you. And understand what you are saying.

VIQuad

I shoot at 1080@60fps and use Abode Media Encoder to convert to 29.97, or use MpegStream to do the same. 60fps is not a deliverable format.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Anyone who knows much about video will tell you that is post processing video, for some reason people think post processing is bad, its not, just helpful to understand how it works if people are going to use it as a benchmark for quality.

Youtube does not support 60fps so if you didn't convert it to 30fps wouldn't it be nice to know how they convert it? This video stutters the same as the other video that I pointed out, getting smooth video is not only a function of a good MR and Gimbal but what effect frame rate, shutter speed and encoding has on motion blur, the smoothness and quality of the video. I think that if this vide was encoded and uploaded correctly that people viewing this online would see that you still have quite a bit of vibration. Am I wrong?

You can be offended by my comments but I suggest you view this as constructive criticism, I'm trying to help you.

Also, .Mov is not a format, its a wrapper that contains a format like .mp4, .H264, ProRes of even uncompressed.

Here's a grab of the analysis of your video you'll notice it is 1280x720 30P not 60P
View attachment 19142

Yes I see what your saying, I actually post processed that video a couple of ways including altering the fps and uploaded as an experiment to YouTube.

Say how about linking to a few of your videos so I can get a better hold on what I should be doing?

David

Dhardjono

Happy Holiday to all i finish fix on quad i try the gimbal with out the hooks like vquad but i added a mouse padding View attachment 15317
Here a video of it in my messy work room i going to Randal island to see out door shots today Christmas day.
i put a code it is 650 shot on 2k 30 p converted to 720 p no post stabilizer only thing when shooting 2k it a bit soft i forgot to add sharpen had it on protune.

Attachments

• 20131225_015722.jpg
    20131225_015722.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 159

VIQuad

That's seems a lot better. Its hard to see if there are any vibrations indoors like that, without far away objects. I would be curious to see it outside. But that does seem to be better.

Have you balanced your props?...what method are you using to do so...

Dhardjono

That's seems a lot better. Its hard to see if there are any vibrations indoors like that, without far away objects. I would be curious to see it outside. But that does seem to be better.

Have you balanced your props?...what method are you using to do so...
I use du bro prop balance 28 buck really good View attachment 15318 going test now i hope no more crash haaa w

Attachments

• 20131225_122326.jpg
    20131225_122326.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 163

wbrownj

I have had good results putting mouse pad under my camera on my gimbal.
Jonathan What kind of fpv monitor and bracket are u running?

Hi Emowillcox...
It is the monitor and bracket that comes with the gaui gv100 kit.
The Gv100 is a ready to go fpv bundle complete with Tx, monitor with integrated rx.
The bracket is good but I think it does put a large strain on the Spektrum strap connector loop.
As you may have seen it flopped around a little bit. I am on the lookout for another bracket that will provide additional support and less strain.

Anyone know of anything?

Cheers

Jonathan

Av8Chuck

Happy Holiday to all i finish fix on quad i try the gimbal with out the hooks like vquad but i added a mouse padding View attachment 19143
Here a video of it in my messy work room i going to Randal island to see out door shots today Christmas day.
i put a code it is 650 shot on 2k 30 p converted to 720 p no post stabilizer only thing when shooting 2k it a bit soft i forgot to add sharpen had it on protune.

That's an interesting video to try and figure out not only the vibrations but also what the GoPro and Protune is doing. I think as far as the vibration goes your really getting it dialed in. As VIQuad mentioned it can be hard to tell online, and there are a few weird shimmy's but I think that might be the fact that your shooting in low light with a slow shutter and Protunes isn't handling the motion blur well. But by shooting indoors you now know that your not getting vibration from motors and props and the wind outside won't change that. If you start getting vibrations because of wind or fast forward flight that will most likely be a result of flex in the frame/gimbal.

Yes I see what your saying, I actually post processed that video a couple of ways including altering the fps and uploaded as an experiment to YouTube.

Say how about linking to a few of your videos so I can get a better hold on what I should be doing?

David

I have not shot much aerial this year and I think most people are tired of my videos, but since you asked.

This video is shot with a Quad with a CC controller all LOS with no gimbal and it seems that every where we went it was windy.

Mostly shot with an NEX5n 1080P 60fps edited in a 24fps timeline in FCP. There are some encoding artifacts that are in the 720P online version but not the 1080P bluray so I didn't bother to fix it.