XAircraft XAircraft C3524 Brushless Motors vs the DJI flamewheel motors

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Hi all.

I have the DJI F550 and I'm thinking of swapping everything over to the the XAircraft 650 frame. But I noticed that I can also buy the frame with the motors and ESCs for what what looks like a good price.

How do the XAircraft motors compare to the Flamewheel motors?

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Hi all.

I have the DJI F550 and I'm thinking of swapping everything over to the the XAircraft 650 frame. But I noticed that I can also buy the frame with the motors and ESCs for what what looks like a good price.

How do the XAircraft motors compare to the Flamewheel motors?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
they are all more or less the same Chinese things. I had the XA right before the naza/flame wheel and I was surprised at how identical they were to each other. from what it sounds like, Chinese share factories with each other so you will see one place branding a product and then a few weeks/months later see the same thing from some other Chinese outfit either stealing the product or the molds. I don't really know how it all works over there. I would personally stick with the DJI stuff as I dont think Xaircraft is around anymore, or at least they make no effort to show that they are still alive. Have you tried hoverfly? Thats ultimately where I ended up after trying them all. Although I will say the Naza is pretty hard to beat for the price to functionality. You just never know when it is going to fail on you. But I suppose on some level that goes for everything.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Thanks IrisAerial,

I saw the frame and liked the fact that it's a tad bit bigger (650) and is black unlike the F550. So I'll keep all my stuff from the F550 and just get the XAircraft frame.

Bowley

Actually I believe Xaircraft is bouncing back with the new TAG V. Release shortly.
a bit like the Asctec Falcon 8 but with 6 motors. that F8 is some piece of kit these days, now comes with CX730 Option.

Last edited by a moderator: