XAircraft X650 Pro - Not holding in GPS Mode

Aerovideo

I'm not totally familiar with the X650 pro, maybe some others that are will chime in but I see that 2 of your motors, are working way harder than the other two. I wonder if the balance of your aircraft is off a bit. Or possibly the motors are all perfectly level causing some to work more than others.

Looks like you've got good low vibrations, that's good.

I do have weight at the front due to the gimbal and GoPro, does that line up with what your seeing in the log? I have to figure out a way to test the CG of the X650.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I have the x650 Pro (stock) with tarrot gimbal and Hero 3 attached, When I enter GPS mode the craft is all over the place this includes all axis of movement. I have my gains at 1.0 for everything. I have included the link to the log file. Any help would be appreciated.

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_03_23_102843.000_24.1.02.48

The X650 can handle that weight anything up to 2700g as a TOW is okay, you need to try for a balanced vehicle so the centre of gravity is important.

The most important thing is to make sure you have calibrated the SuperX as per the manual and have gotten a green at the end of the process.

Your motors are not good! M2 and M4 are thrusting much higher than the other 2 this could be because they are not sitting level on the arms, or you were flying in high winds or the vehicle is lopsided due to out of balnce weight.

Minimum satellites required for GPS hold are 7 at times in you flight you dropped to that number but should not have effected the flight.

David

@X650Mouse -

I'm under the 2700g for TOW. I have done the calibrate several times and do get the solid green at the end of calibration. I checked to see if the motors were level and two were off, mush have shifted over the flights.

How do you check the CG on the X650? I try to balance the quad by holding the edges of the bottom center plate on each index finger to see if the quad pitches forward or back.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
@X650Mouse -

How do you check the CG on the X650? I try to balance the quad by holding the edges of the bottom center plate on each index finger to see if the quad pitches forward or back.

Yes that should do it, it also shows on take off if it pitches back or forward, as you seem to have checked all the things mentioned, does the lack of hold occur on all you flights or just that one?

David

I was able to get back out and see if I was still having issues with GPS hold. I started off in my normal test area which is my backyard and was not getting any GPS lock after 10 minutes. I decided to move to the front of the house that had more open space, once I did this I got GPS lock withing in 30 seconds. I took this as a good sign and started to take off. For the majority of the flight GPS hold was good, it was a windy day and the quad seemed jittery on the horizontal axis. Would someone mind taking a look at the log and provide any comments or suggestions if things look out of place. Also to remove the jitters what be the recommendation? right now I have the following values. Thanks for the help.

Roll: 1.0
Pitch: 1.0
Yaw: 1.2
Height: 1.2

http://log.xaircraft.com/report.htm#2014_04_07_151353.500_29.1.05.37

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I am having a very similar motor report as your is right now. I thought mine was due to a center of gravity issue, but now I'm wondering if I'm wrong because you and I have the same motors working harder (2&4) - but my weight is tail heavy, unlike your front heavy quad.

Also, similar to you I have pretty low vibes (sometimes around .2). But my GPS hold seems to be working fine on my flight thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:

@Motorpreserve

That is interesting to hear your 2&4 motors are having the same output as mine. As you said I'm forward heavy due to the gimbal and have tried my best to **** the battery towards the rear to balance out. It would be nice to hear what other people are seeing and if Drew from XaircraftAmerica has any insight to this.