Wookong power up??

Dixter

Can I just plug in the DJI MC with the USB cable to the computer and update the software that way or do I have to have some of the other units connected also?? Just not sure if I need the battery hooked up or the USB will power the MC by itself...

Dixter

just in case anyone else has the same question...

Just figured it out.... I just went ahead and put all of the components together on the table and fired it up... " it will not power up with USB cable alone "

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Which is a little bit of a bummer. Would have been a lot safer and faster to handle if you can configure it only with USB connected. What does USB provide again 5.2 5.8 volts forgot, don't see were the problem would be. Well would have been nice :)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmm all you would have to do is write a file to the MC and readout a file/data. The other components wouldn't have to be supplied. For that a USB port should supply enough.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
You can plug the components together on the bench and power it by plugging a receiver Nicad pack (or any other 4.8 volt power source you might have) into any of the motor ports, I did exactly that when I was testing GPS lock times, will also work for software updates. If you just make sure of the wire orientation so that the + lead and ground go to the proper pins.

Ken