Wookong M View and Click to Go.

PapaRomeo

900 MHZ in EU is for Mobile Phones and not for anything else. You are also risking the RC receiver by placing a strong 2.4GHz transmitter right next to it.

1.3 GHz seems to affect GPS performance at least to my tests. 868MHz would be great but DJI downlink does not exist in that bandwidth and then there is the 10% duty cycle problem.

vislaw

Handshake Error - Can't Connect

I've successfully activated my new serial number and have the 900mhz transmitter plugged into the open slot on the WKM PMU along with the receiver plugged in with both USB ports to my laptop but I keep getting the message "Handshake Failed: Please Check the Connection on the Main Controller."

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

broadwing

Ken En Geoff,

Our link works now after activating.

@Vislaw I had some problem with installation of USB-driver and com ports. Tried it again and it works.

Rgds,
Koos Maring

Tahoe Ed

I have had a similar problem in the past. I was able to solve it and now my GC works well.

In order to get rid of the Handshake Failed, I did a complete uninstalled of the Google Maps and the GS software through add/remove programs. Then reinstall both using the GS CD. My test sequence is to connect to the internet, check in WKM Assistant to make sure that View and any other modules that you have purchased, Click and Go or Waypoints, are enabled. If not you need to get a new SN from your vendor. You will have to power up your WKM and connect it to assistant to see this info. After you have confirmed this, power down the WKM, disconnect from your PC, and stop Assistant. Then power up GS, making sure that you are using the latest version while still connected to the internet. GS will check for internet connection and once confirmed it should start to open. Eventually you will see a view of what I have been told is somewhere in China, if the clock is spinning let it go. It has take several minutes to start up initially for me. You can then plug in your GS transmitter. You should see an additional com port available to connect to. I have com 3 and 17, your system may vary. If you do not see the transmitter, check your ports in device manager and you should see the usb to serial com port. If not you will need to reinstall the driver. I have had this failure twice and after reinstalling, once several times, I have been able to make it work. I hope that this helps. I am using a HP NetBook running Windows XP Home Edition V 2002 SP 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

fritz99

Hello !

I have the same problem.
I activated groundstation with the new serial.
I installed everything on the pc ( Windows 7 32 bit, Com Port 12 ).
I can start groundstation.
When I press " connect" I get the message : "Handshake Failed: Please Check the Connection on the Main Controller."
I already deinstalled everything but that did not help.

Can anybody pleas help me ?

Fritz

vislaw

Hello !

I have the same problem.
I activated groundstation with the new serial.
I installed everything on the pc ( Windows 7 32 bit, Com Port 12 ).
I can start groundstation.
When I press " connect" I get the message : "Handshake Failed: Please Check the Connection on the Main Controller."
I already deinstalled everything but that did not help.

Can anybody pleas help me ?

Fritz

You didn't confirm that you chose the new COM port that is available from the drop-down menu once you've reinstalled everything. It won't handshake unless you have selected the proper COM port. In our case a new port "COM6" is available at the bottom of the list of all COM ports and once we select it we are able to click "CONNECT" and everything works. My guess is that you need to select the right COM port. Hope this helps.

cortez123

Try restart the computer with the usb connected before turn on the operate system. Check in the hardware the correct COM port is enable for the device.
After that it should work.

CineRebel

Thanks Keith,

Do you know if it was tested, or is Geoff assuming that there will be no interference.

I`ll like to be 110% sure before buying the upgrade

BRG

Lars

Hi Lars,

I have the 2,4 version in the Netherlands ... As far as I know the 900 version is not legal in Europe.

900 MHz bandwidth is for GSM networks.

I haven't use my ground station yet. But from just a few tests I have done I can say it doesn't seem to have any problem with my 2.4 ghz TX.

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
Hi Lars,

I have the 2,4 version in the Netherlands ... As far as I know the 900 version is not legal in Europe.

900 MHz bandwidth is for GSM networks.

I haven't use my ground station yet. But from just a few tests I have done I can say it doesn't seem to have any problem with my 2.4 ghz TX.

Hi CineRebel,

It`s quite some time now since this question came up.
I`ve got two WKM with MultiWaypoints, both 2.4ghz Link, and no problems at all.

Only thing is, that you have to buy the S/N code for the Multiwaypoint, for each WKM system, damm expencive,

I have a couple of questions about the click and go system - do I still need a Tx and Rx if using the M View system and giving commands via PC? If so, is there a way to remove this requirement?

Tahoe Ed

I have a couple of questions about the click and go system - do I still need a Tx and Rx if using the M View system and giving commands via PC? If so, is there a way to remove this requirement?

The quick answer is no. You can control you WKM with Data Link, View and Click and Go. You don't need a Tx to do this. I don't like using the arrow keys so I would use a video controller instead. It is easy to set up.

rcmike

The quick answer is no. You can control you WKM with Data Link, View and Click and Go. You don't need a Tx to do this. I don't like using the arrow keys so I would use a video controller instead. It is easy to set up.

Can you use a TX if you want and switch between the two?

New from DJI

"Starting today June first, the single waypoint system is now going to be a standard feature with every WooKong-M purchase (excluding data link).

Customers with “View” and data link previously purchased can upgrade to single waypoint via firmware upgrade; while single waypoint customers will enjoy the new 5-waypoint. Full waypoint is now increased from 20 to 50, requiring a simple firmware upgrade."

This was posted on "another" website and Sidney did confirm it.
New from DJI

Starting today June first, the single waypoint system is now going to be a standard feature with every WooKong-M purchase (excluding data link).

Customers with “View” and data link previously purchased can upgrade to single waypoint via firmware upgrade; while single waypoint customers will enjoy the new 5-waypoint. Full waypoint is now increased from 20 to 50, requiring a simple firmware upgrade.

Sidney also confirmed the release of new firmware due in 2-3 weeks

Attached Thumbnails
  • 26.5 KB · Views: 66