WooKong M Driver Download

rwilabee

I'm waiting on my WooKong M to arrive. I downloaded the manual to get familiar with it. After reading about downloading the drivers I went to the web site and downloaded the driver 32 bit as I have a small laptop I was going to use and I downloaded the software. The manual talks about a batch file to run for the driver install. The file I downloaded was just a .rar file. Did something change after the manual was written or do I still need a batch file that I don't see.

I emailed a couple of days ago to DJI but got no response by using the tech support feature on their web page. I'm starting to wonder about their customer service, hope I didn't make a mistake getting their product.

Thanks
Rich

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi rwilabee,

did you extract the rar file and look at the content of it. There should be a rar files inside. If your standard unzip/decompression software doesnt support rar, try winrar or something similar.

Boris

rwilabee

Thanks so much. It worked. I had no idea a .rar file was a compressed file. Shall I wait to install them until my unit arrives?

Rich

Emowillcox

HI Rich.. one thing I have been finding out with the multicopter platforms that service can be a little suspect. So key is being a member on these forums.. often times I think the guys here know more about whats going on with a particular platform then the manufactures.
Don’t feel bad about the DJI service... I wrote them and it took me 19 days to get my response, but I got answers to what I was looking for on here with in a few hours.
I decided to go with a WooKong as well so I think we are making the right decision based on the great support you can find here.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp the support at DJI isnt that great they are really slow on replying to emails. They keep bragging that they are so good at service. Waiting to catch one of them in the forums once the mention it again and suggest to them to install a ticketing small crm system. With the argument so they know how good their support is :)

rwilabee

Thanks for the info. It is great to have a forum like this to help answer my questions. It appeared that the DJI Wookong M was what I was looking for. I guess the other think I'm having a problem figuring out is how to decide where the Z CG will be. I'm not sure how I should measure that since I have about 8" legs on the quad. Maybe the Z isn't that critical.

Thanks Again
Rich

HI Rich.. one thing I have been finding out with the multicopter platforms that service can be a little suspect. So key is being a member on these forums.. often times I think the guys here know more about whats going on with a particular platform then the manufactures.
Don’t feel bad about the DJI service... I wrote them and it took me 19 days to get my response, but I got answers to what I was looking for on here with in a few hours.
I decided to go with a WooKong as well so I think we are making the right decision based on the great support you can find here.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
the z is important but don't measure it from the bottom of the legs measure how high your IMU and PGS is from the top and middle of the center plate. And remember if higher than the center plate you will have to put a negative number. The green line indicates the height over the plate in the config tool and that a negative.

Boris

(Edit) I was playing around with the Z once and mine flipped, just to see what changes

Just to add to the discussion here I have had reason to send 3 seperate emails for 3 seperate queries on three seperate occasions over the past 2 months and have not yet received any form of response, even acknowledgement that my querie are in hand. I have also sent another, again seperate, email regarding a sales question and the response was by the following day. It does seem to suggest that the DJI Innovations sales/marketing department is far more responsive than their after sales service department. Aside from all of this I have since gained most if not all of the answers to my questions from this forum...oh yes, the product itself is brilliant.

Emowillcox

Yeah pretty disappointing! I did see a post a few days back from Denny about a similar situation and DJI hopped on the thread quick to put the
fire out and talk about how great their service is.

rwilabee

I have a 2 plate quad with the equipment on the top plate. It sounds like I should measure from the IMU and PGS to the middle between the two plates. Do you measure from the bottom of the IMU and PGS or from the top of them.

Thanks for the help.

Rich

QUOTE=BorisS;12421]the z is important but don't measure it from the bottom of the legs measure how high your IMU and PGS is from the top and middle of the center plate. And remember if higher than the center plate you will have to put a negative number. The green line indicates the height over the plate in the config tool and that a negative.

Boris

(Edit) I was playing around with the Z once and mine flipped, just to see what changes[/QUOTE]

rwilabee

My postman just delivered my Wookong stuff. Tomorrow will be install day. I can't wait. I have been using a 91FYQ but I understand this is much better.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
My postman just delivered my Wookong stuff. Tomorrow will be install day. I can't wait. I have been using a 91FYQ but I understand this is much better.

That has to be the understatement of the year!

Take your time RTFM and be amazed!

Dave

rwilabee

Thanks for all the support already. I opened the box and took a look even though I can't start on it till tomorrow. BBQ this afternoon and they want me to bring the Quad Copter, so I can't tear it apart. Can someone recommend a rod length that seems to work best and do you just use 5 minute epoxy to put it together. I have a 2 plate quad and the equipment and GPS antenna will be on the top.

Rich

rwilabee

I read in the manual that failsafe should not be set lower than 10%. I have a DX8 and a AR7000 receiver. When I try to bind with say 25% throttle it will not let me and gives me an alarm because the throttle is not a 0. Has anyone else had this happen.

Thanks
Rich

Dear Rich, Emo, Dave, Denny and many others,

My name is Swift, I am the one taking responsibility to DJI customer service.
I am very sorry that we might make some mistakes in customer service in the past two months, and this is my fault.
We might have had domain resolve problem of our INFO and SUPPORT mailbox all the time, and it should have been solved last week, but i will double check it tommorow, cuz it's already 5 am here.

Not only based on technical problems, we also had some unperfection to response your emails ASAP, i apologize for that.
From next monday when we get back to the office, i will double check our work flow to make sure the following things:

1, Your email will arrive in our SUPPORT mail box correctly.
2, We will let you know when we receive it, and we will find a way out how to prevent the reply to be sent into your trash bin.
3, We will reply in 24 hours.
4, even we can't answer the question right away, we will at least inform you that we know it already, this should happen within 24 hours.
5, even we can't answer the question right away, we will give you an estimated time when we may answer it.
6, we will arrange a specific person to answer the question if we need several rounds communication.

7, the above things will also happen in holidays, including all eastern and western festivals. it is 365 days, it is 7 days a week.
but, it is not 24 hours, and we might need more time to do the correct answer in weekends, cuz our engineers also have families.

8, i will open a direct hot-line for global customer service, this hot-line will always be answered from 9 am to 18 pm Peking time.
seven days a week, including holidays. but not the first 3 days of chinese triditional new year, cuz our salesmen also have parents and children.
when you don't have someone answering the phone, call it again in 15 minutes just in case that we are in the meeting and the collegue can't pick it up in time even he is running to it.
call it again in 15 minutes before you post it online that NOBODY IS ANSWERING THE PHONE FROM DJI.

i promise these above, please help me to follow the quality of our customer service from now on,
anytime you find we are not delivering what i am promising here, please call my name in a new thread, i will show up to make sure everything goes the way it should be, cuz that will defend my honor.

what i want is quite simple, no double standard, and a little bit patience when we have misunderstandings.
if i do deliver the things i mentioned above, please give me a compare table that who can deliver it as the head quater of any famous company in our hobby industry,
including the multi rotor controller manufacturers and those much more famous brands you can list.

if you can try to send a email to them, and i am very happy to hear how many days they will need to give you an answer.
if it is fast, tell me here. if it is not fast, or even no reply, tell me and other friends here. that will be fair to me.

to those who bought it from our dealers, your first choice should be contact your local dealer, cuz they have culture and language advances.
but you are also welcome to send us emails or call us directly.

these are my words here, i am taking my responsibility if i made mistakes.
what i want is a fair comment without bias and double standard.

thanks again, and sorry if my expression is a little bit too hard.
but that shows my determination to make our customer service the best.
we have the highest standard in research and development, as well as in customer service, time will prove.

Swift Xie
Managing Director
DJI Innovations

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Getaltung,

if you guys would manage to get a ticketing system going for email support requests I think you would set new standards in the industry/venture of multirotors. This would really boost the confidence in your product and the service surrounding it ! I also remember having sent support requests about 2 months ago and I never got an answer. It just makes people question statements like we offer reply in 24 hours and eventually the product. I am following threads in this forum and in Rcgroups and there are several customers who have experienced the same. I dont know how big the support team at DJI is but i think you would also profit from a support request tracking system internally to get a realistic scope of the actual demand and who is actually doing what in the support team.

Regards

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I have a 2 plate quad with the equipment on the top plate. It sounds like I should measure from the IMU and PGS to the middle between the two plates. Do you measure from the bottom of the IMU and PGS or from the top of them.

Thanks for the help.

Rich

Hi rwilabee,

measure from the top of your top plate to the bottom of your IMU or GPD unit. C.G. is a nice statement but not really precise since i wouldnt know how to find the C.G. point in a horizontal approach to my copter. So your best guess it the top of the center plate i would say and considering that this config section doesn't allow anything beyond the decimal place questions how precise it can really get.

Hey Gestaltung you missed a support request there :)