Wookong-M Assistant Software for Mac Released!! v2.04

I agree! Need zenmuse soon too so I can dump my PC that takes 12 minutes to boot up!! I tried to boot camp thing and it had issues ....

olof

Osprey
Great news, now all we need is IOSD and Z15 for Mac and I will be real happy. Bootcamp and Fusion is a pain and real PC really are a pain, IMHO.

Bluerex

Great news, now all we need is IOSD and Z15 for Mac and I will be real happy. Bootcamp and Fusion is a pain and real PC really are a pain, IMHO.
+ 100 :)
Although sadly the best way to run certain (Windows) USB to Serial devices is an eight year old XP image under VMware.

C

CdA D

This is great news! I sure hope that they don't stop there and adapt Ground Control to MAC also. That way some of us will only need ONE laptop. Thank you DJI.

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Loaded the new mac software for WK-m today and loaded 5.26 firmware on my SkyJib (have been on 5.20 until today) 6 flights absolutely locked in with GPS mode, the best it has ever been :tennis: Tested go home and failsafe all ok...

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Just downloaded the new WKM assistant software for OS X. Of course, they are not an officially identified Apple Developer with a developers certificate. I just don't understand why they can't do things correctly from the get-go. Now I have to release my security controls to run this software? No. I'm sticking to running the old software under Parallels since I run all the other supporting software in that environment anyway and can't ditch my VM. They needed to release ALL the software under OS X and name themselves to Apple in order to get a valid developers certificate. It is not that difficult. I know - I'm a registered iOS Developer.

Dax

need some help. when I run it it says “WKM.app” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." do i need to disable the security?

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
need some help. when I run it it says “WKM.app” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." do i need to disable the security?
Yes. By default, the Security and Privacy settings in System Preferences will only allow applications to be run from the app store or identified developers. You will be potentially compromising the security of your OS X machine by relaxing these security constraints. Especially if you don't properly manage your downloads. Who really knows who wrote the app that DJI is distributing to it's end users. Clearly they didn't go through the Apple process of having their app properly vetted in order to preserve security and quality. I won't run their Mac app until they get properly identified and pass their application through Apple's vetting process.
View attachment 16522

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 9.43.14 AM.JPEG
    Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 9.43.14 AM.JPEG
    69 KB · Views: 401

Dax

Thank you for the info, and I agree. DJI does not care about Apple's vetting process.

deluge2

The risk will be very low because you're only allowing that app to run, not shutting off the whole app security configuration.

Steve

Yes. By default, the Security and Privacy settings in System Preferences will only allow applications to be run from the app store or identified developers. You will be potentially compromising the security of your OS X machine by relaxing these security constraints. Especially if you don't properly manage your downloads. Who really knows who wrote the app that DJI is distributing to it's end users. Clearly they didn't go through the Apple process of having their app properly vetted in order to preserve security and quality. I won't run their Mac app until they get properly identified and pass their application through Apple's vetting process.
View attachment 20523