Wookong in the Wind.

Dewster

I flew my Hexa DJI WKM in gusty wind yesterday. My gains are set at 110 percent on pitch, roll, and attitude. I find that these gains work well for calm wind to days with a light breeze and or gusts. The gains have to be set higher for higher wind conditions to smoothe out the flight (less twitchy)

Yesterday was windy (but no more so than I was used to flying...) I flew my craft in GPS hold and the wind blew my craft off of it's heading (almost 360 degrees). My craft stayed in position, but I thought that it was a strange occurance. Anyone have any ideas? Was it just the wind that spun my craft around? Or do you think that WKM corrected the heading making it appear as if it was spun a full 360 by the wind. Has anyone tried to rotate their craft (manually (not suggested)) in GPS mode to see if WKM will correct the heading?

Tomstoy2

Sounds to me like the roll gain is too low.

I have flown mine in gps, it works fine. When sticks are released it will stay in the new position.

TyGrrr

hahahahahaha I went & had a look at this website, very nice...I'm laughing at his video, I'm going to repost it here, the ending is classic ;) ;) ;)

Ross

That ending was friggin funny as hell! Thanks for posting that vid. All kidding aside, one of the best rc videos I've seen in a while in the forums. Even though most of the vids here are hugely informative, it gets kind of boring watching everybody's "test flights" or vids where people try too hard to visual "artiste's". Crazy Horst loves to fly and it shows, and he sure pushes the envelope!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

The things a man does for his sport. Him falling into the creek was classic. No worries the electronics were ok. I wonder how many planes he goes through? He has mad flying skills. It helps that he has some wonderful sites to film from. Great!!!

Kilby

I noticed that after changing timing on my esc's, my quad works much better in the wind. Night and day difference actually. Anyone else see this in their experiences?