How reliable are the DJI propellers?

jackmulti

There are reports of them breaking in flight and coming extremely out of balance.

Are they worth trying?

Thanks for your input.

Tahoe Ed

The 10's are great in my opinion for a $4/pr prop. I have yet to break one. The 8's on the other hand, I have broken 3. They seem a little more brittle than the 10's. I have be flying lately with 10" Graupners on my F450. I have some 8" Graupners on order for my F550. I need to find a drill press to drill the holes out to 8mm before I can fly them. I am still planning to fly with the DJI props in situations where I may be prone to break a prop.

jackmulti

Thanks for your comment. Is it acceptable to fly the 10s on 3S with the 2212s?

What pitch are the Graupners and where did you get them from?

Thanks.

rwilabee

The 8 x 5 graupners come step bored for 5, 6 & 8 mm so I just used a hand reamer to enlarge the hole. A little from each side until I got a perfect fit to my 6mm motors.

The 10's are great in my opinion for a $4/pr prop. I have yet to break one. The 8's on the other hand, I have broken 3. They seem a little more brittle than the 10's. I have be flying lately with 10" Graupners on my F450. I have some 8" Graupners on order for my F550. I need to find a drill press to drill the holes out to 8mm before I can fly them. I am still planning to fly with the DJI props in situations where I may be prone to break a prop.

WillM

Personally, I really like the 8" DJI props. I run them with 4S batteries.

I've briefly tried the 10" props, both DJI and Graupner, but still prefer the 8" DJI. I need to get the gains just right with the 8", and then I'll try the 10's again. I got a bit frustrated trying out the different sized props and different sized batteries, as the changes resulted in either a drifty or nervous hover. I figure that this is because the gains for 3S are different than 4S, and likewise 10" props are different than 8" props.

After a bunch of minor unplanned landings and one or two faster ones, I finally broke 2 8" props last night. In comparision, I snapped 2 10" props in a matter of seconds.

The DJI props, I think, are great for my needs, and they are not nearly as sharp as the Graupners.