WKM Instability Issues

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I have a WKM on a Droidworx octo HL frame. I have never been able to get the ship stable - been trying for two years. Crashed the ship almost everytime after the rebuild (not from pilot error but ship instability). Very frustrating. I have totally redone the wiring on the last rebuild. Took her up and it was somewhat stable but it did have too much wooble for doing aerial video. Had the gain on a dial and adjusted that inflight with no change until the gain got too high resulting in even more wobble. The big problem was that the rudder control was bogus,I had to have the stick way to the right to even have it close to staying straight, every time I let go it would start turning. I shut it down changed batteries and took it back up but this time I couldn't control the rudder at all. Had to crash land it with minimal damage.

Any suggestions - getting close to just throwing the WKM in the trash. Maybe it has just been through too much.

I have a Hoverfly octo that is quite stable and very reliable.

Here is my setup:

WKM
Droidworx HL octo
Axi 2814 motors
Maytech 30A (custom programmed but not flashed)
Transmitter Spektrum 10t with Spektrum receiver

Before the last crash, well after it crashed before I did have a short and there was smoke coming from one motor - I had to replace the ESC but the motor seemed fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
it sounds like your radio calibration making the centers on the radio not center on wk....... id update the firmware to 5.22, open setup and look at the main screen, see the radio calibration bars at the bottom, do they say 0 on all four? if not, rudder over to one side? recalibrate

wk will way out perform hfp outta the box setup right

the only other thing that makes em act like this is a motor problem/ crap balance on props.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Yes, I will check the calibration thing but quite sure I had that setup. Always worth a double check though. The props are balanced.