Wiring Diagrams

Fat Corgi

eCalc Accuracy

I found a local supplier of the Tattuu's and will probably go that way. What I'm mulling over now is the accuracy of the figures I'm getting from the eCalc. In particular the Amp draw. This will affect a few decisions and first up is the lipo connectors. I'd love to use the 45A Anderson Powerpoles, but am not sure whether they will take the load with peak loads estimated at a total of 170A. Would love for you guys to have a look over this attached table and point out anything that may be out of sorts.
Many thanks
Corgi
attachment.php

Attachments

• eCalc-Tables.jpg
    eCalc-Tables.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 229

Vojec

I'll leave Motor Cooling default "medium" and see the results (safety). Very impressive weight build with 6S just 8.100g. My setup Vulcan X8 with Tiger MN4012-9 480KV, 60A and 2x 5S gens ace, GH4, cinestar brushless - total = 9.300g :). Can't go bellow...

Fat Corgi

Hey Vojec,
I just re-entered the info through the eCalc with the motor cooling set to medium like you suggested. The only results it affected were the estimated temps of the motors (funny that). So that's good to know.

Fat Corgi

Hey [MENTION=13070]PMaughan[/MENTION],
Can you clarify what you mean by "doubling up on the Powerpoles?" Does that mean 2 or 4 connectors per battery? Maybe a picture :nevreness:.
Thanks
Corgi

Fat Corgi

That's great. I really appreciate you taking the time. Do you charge through just 2 of them or all 4? Was it just the size of the 75A version that put you off using them? What sort of current are you drawing?

Last edited by a moderator:

PMaughan

That's great. I really appreciate you taking the time. Do you charge through just 2 of them or all 4? Was it just the size of the 75A version that put you off using them? What sort of current are you drawing?

The 75s are enormous and I believe the 45s will take up to 200Amps without an issue. Don't quote me on that though!

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Ha, this is exactly how I use the Powerpoles. I use two pairs for connecting on the aircraft but only connect one pair for charging. I have been lifting Reds all summer long on my Skyjib v1 which is no lightweight and the PPs haven't even become warm. Its a great way of setting up the connectors if you like APPs. 75A APPs are indeed enormous and would not work on a MR.

PMaughan

Ha, this is exactly how I use the Powerpoles. I use two pairs for connecting on the aircraft but only connect one pair for charging. I have been lifting Reds all summer long on my Skyjib v1 which is no lightweight and the PPs haven't even become warm. Its a great way of setting up the connectors if you like APPs. 75A APPs are indeed enormous and would not work on a MR.

Great minds Carapau!

Alas not in my case, I inherited the system, but I much prefer APP over the other connectors especially those AS150 spark proof (my eye) connectors that fell to bits after 2 days...