Wiring Diagrams

Fat Corgi

Before I start warming up the iron, I thought I'd post this here so other people can have a look over what I am planning, and double-check my layout. Better to do it now before finding out in a more destructive fashion later on.
Please feel free to upload your wiring diagrams, as I have found them incredibly helpful in the planning stage of a multi rotor build.
My diagram is for a droidworx MX8, that will be hauling BMPCC and GH4's.
attachment.php

This does not include the gimbal, and operator downlink system yet.

Attachments

• XM8-Wiring.jpg
    XM8-Wiring.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 460

Fat Corgi

Exactly. The eLogger from EagleTree is the 150A version, but according to the eCalc I may hit up to 170A. Over on the Voldermort forum there has been a discussion about splitting the load around the logger and measuring your draw then recalibrating the eLogger software . Apparently it works a treat. So this is what I plan to do.

Fat Corgi

Really? Have you tried it? I had faith in the other method? I would much rather be monitoring both packs given the option.

kloner

Aerial DP
you had asked in a post and this was my response in a picture, you had takin it wrong.

i've had three of them setup like this with hundreds of hours logged. no problem what so ever. you can't pass by and pass through the current sensor, it'll never move ..... the way you drew it there isn't gonna work.

picture liquid.... if a liquid has a chance to go through and by a meter, most will go right on by and not spin the meter.....

heres proof of it working overtime on a 100 amp current sensor pushing a rig as hard as it'll go
this osd started having problems on thi flight were the current sensor dies, the whole unit went back to immersion for a look

I had osd pro on my first skyjib and had horrible noise so we quit using them on the lifters and went back to using them in wings, there just happier with more gap between other parts....keep any eye on it, will affect rc control, do a range check before sending it up with everything on and look for failsafing

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
heres the immersion before i screwed up the firmwrae

Last edited by a moderator:

Fat Corgi

So basically it can't be done because I will exceed the limit of the sensor? And even if I didn't it would affect other systems negatively anyway. I just remove the whole EagleTree System? I've not tried the Immersion stuff, other than their Vtx. That's fairly disappointing.

kloner

Aerial DP
That and the fact you have a shortcut. Done like i posted works killer to monitor current and voltage. because the packs wind up being parralel the voltage from both is always shown, only thing that's goofy about it is it is showing you half of the actual current cause it's one pack..... double whats shown is what your actualy drawing...

You could try how you showed, it's just not the right way to engineer it as i know

It has great data as long as it's working with your system. mine was 433 ezuhf driven and we would get 100 feet away and it'd show rssi off and ready to failsafe.... it wound up crashing before we ever sorted what it was but at the end of the day the hoverfly board just shut off mid flight, no idea if it was the problem all along or.....

Fat Corgi

Hey Steve,
That should be easy enough. I have more than enough current in the Gryphon BEC. Any particular reason why?

kloner

Aerial DP
you can't run multiple bec through wookong like your showing,, just noticed. it is going to backfeed into the dji pmu.... you would bypass the rx being powered by the bec in the pic and take those power wires straight to the servo, only use the signal from the rx to switch the servo open/closed

Again, just an engineering thing, not a part problem

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
The problem is when the landing gear servo fails it could draw excessive current and screw everything else :)

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Be careful with those Max Amp batteries. If I remember correctly they are marketed as 40c batteries. The problem is that the way Max Amps markets them, they use the peak C rating and not the constant rating. I emailed Max Amps directly when my ones didnt seem to give the grunt that I expected and Max Amps claimed a constant C rating of only 4C!!!!! If you can, change them out for something like Gens Ace etc then I would. Maybe others have had success on these batteries but I certainly didn't.

Fat Corgi

LiPo Choice.

Hey Carapau,
Thanks for giving me the heads up. I'm been glancing over some other threads discussing similar outcomes to you. Not encouraging at all. I will look at the Gens Ace LiPo's, and any other reasonable alternates. Will have to ship them in to the country though as I don't think Gens Ace have a distributor down here yet.