WHO GOT ONE?!? GoPRO 4K Black

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I am out at a wedding in California and I still managed to set my phone alarm to buy a GP 4K at 12:01am last night!
Should be at my house by Wednesday.
Who else got one?

If you have it, what's your thoughts or impressions? I'll share as soon as mine comes in!

Av8Chuck

I am out at a wedding in California and I still managed to set my phone alarm to buy a GP 4K at 12:01am last night!
Should be at my house by Wednesday.
Who else got one?

If you have it, what's your thoughts or impressions? I'll share as soon as mine comes in!

POST FOOTAGE. just kidding.

Where in California and how long will you be here?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
POST FOOTAGE. just kidding.

Where in California and how long will you be here?

Was in Sonoma and Napa for my brother-in-law's wedding. Leaving tomorrow morning at the butt crack of Dawn.
Really wish I could have snuck a rig in my suitcase, the vineyard where the wedding was was amazing. Was crying for some aerials!

Here's something interesting... at 43 years old I have not worn a tie in over 10 years or owned a suit for 20 (not counting my wedding day) and here were are, all adultish...

"I don't always drink Merlot, but when I do I wear a tie and I do it in Sonoma California.
attachment.php

The only reason I'm socially acceptable, my better half... she makes me look like a human..

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4159.jpg
    IMG_4159.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 463
  • amy and me.jpg
    amy and me.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 494

kloner

Aerial DP
I bit....

it's the same exact dimension but it has a different weight from the battery i think, it's different than before. i seen a zen with a penny glued to the outside of the motor and the footage looked good.

fltundra

I bit....

it's the same exact dimension but it has a different weight from the battery i think, it's different than before. i seen a zen with a penny glued to the outside of the motor and the footage looked good.
Definitely heavier on the on the right looking from the back. Getting ready to do a sunset flight test here in a few.

kloner

Aerial DP
ff, is that 6400 iso?

i did some shots on the ground with mine today, it's protune iso limit to 1600....nd filter on all of it

Last edited by a moderator:

fltundra

It appears you uploaded the 4k file. Any post processing and what were the settings you shot at?

Overall, what's you opinion of the quality and low light capabilities.

Protune off, auto low light off, no post prosessing other then cropping. Ran out of time to test but want to try 2.7k at 48fps, probably what I'll use mostly. 4k is alot of bandwith even with a I7 quad core mac. So far happy going from the 3+, think there will be more improvement after I play around with the protune settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Does anyone know the weight comparison? How heavy does the LCD make it?
Kloner, can the GoPro link board still clear the gimbal on a DiscoPro?

At least GoPro 3+ Blacks are going to be cheaper...

fltundra

Does anyone know the weight comparison? How heavy does the LCD make it?
Kloner, can the GoPro link board still clear the gimbal on a DiscoPro?

At least GoPro 3+ Blacks are going to be cheaper...
4 black is 13 grams heavier then my 3+ black.

Crowzi

Definitely heavier on the on the right looking from the back. Getting ready to do a sunset flight test here in a few.

Was that with a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal? If so, any issues with with that combo? Looked very stable. I think I saw the green flash...

fltundra

Was that with a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal? If so, any issues with with that combo? Looked very stable. I think I saw the green flash...

DYS 3 axis.. Going with the phobotic controller when they ship the next run on the 12th. The green flash you saw was my nav liights, Strobons.

Crowzi

Thanks for the reply fltundra, I'm not familiar with that gimbal, still very new to all this. I was joking about the green flash, didn't think about LED's, very funny.
Cheers

kloner

Aerial DP
That's weird, was just looking at ebay and other sellers at the 3+ and it's still $399 for the most part. used $200 ish bids and best offers..... i don't see a huge change, bet most people will stick with the 3+..... I like the sharpness of this one best of all the heros but that's the result of 4k, so know i just gotta hope it can be flown jello free up at that range. Flares still suck, lens is ok, small sensor and lack of dynamic range is still it's flaw. wish you could get a back bone kit with a full size sensor and lens mount, then it'd have a chance to actually be flown for hire around me. for now i'll run it on my fpv rigs and see how it fares. Super glad it stayed the same form factor, that woulda sucked it it didn't fit all my models built for them