White smear on screen - MinimOSD + GoPro2 + fatshark tx

Hi guys,
Anyone else seen this? It's not a great pic, but I think you can see the white bars corrosponding to the same location as the minimOSD text on the screen. (though this picture makes them look much worse than they are).

View attachment 12670

No matter what I do, I can't get the bars to fade away; only if I tune contract and brightness to zero, does it look ok, but then everything else is black! The OSD is set to minimum brightness, but makes no difference.

Did anyone else have this issue, and how did you solve it?
My setup:
Atitude SD's + 5.8 bluebeam. Powered by 2S
Fatshark 250mw 5.8 + bluebeam. Powered from fatshark filter box using 3S

GoPro2 connected via media cable. Powered internally.

Setup is PAL not NTSC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 381

Ok, I've tried to replicate the error a bit better, using powerpoint. This might make is clearer what my problem is.

Video with no minimOSD feed = good
minimumOSD figures = good

View attachment 12713

Attachments

• sample of error.jpg
    sample of error.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 276

kloner

Aerial DP
see how it's inline with the osd text? thats causeing the streak, try lowering the white level on the osd if it has it, otherwise try the camera. might be called text brightness

Yeah, did all that before I posted. It's the gopro, so nothing changed there - only in the goggles. I can get it to vanish on the altitudes, but only by completely blacking out everything else!

It's very similar to the old effects you used to get on old TV's.

Is the MinimOSD not getting enough juice maybe? I'm only powering it from the APM telemetry cable. Minim verion is 0.1