Which ubec is suitable for running an av200 ?

Hi all,

any help on which is a suitable ubec to use with an av200 ? There are 3 extra servos to run so I was thinking ...

Spec.
Output (Constant): 5v/5A or 6v/5A
Input: 8v-42v (3-10cell lipo)
Size: 48x27x9mm
Weight: 37g
Quiescent current: 20mA
Type: Switching, however because of the noise reduction (thin metal case & filter) this unit gives the same noise as a Linear BEC.

Does this sound like a good safe option ?

Cheers

Matt

HI Dave,

Yeah I,m good thanks ... my new multi is up and running great....although a battery I had blew up in mid air ......just as i was coming back to land about a 10 meter drop !!!! luckily not too much damage ! Not sure why that happened...is that something that can just randomly happen ? Thanks for the ubec info hopefully we get together soon as I am pretty close to want to start shooting now !!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
What have you built?\
What Battery BLEW up? Did it go bang or did it swell up like a balloon?

Dave

My setup: Mk hexa xl arms and centerboard, 40amp pentium esc, pulso u28-m Kv=760, Av200 360/pan cam gimbal, wk-m (I just love the wookong !),

Was using an Overlander extreme pro 60c lipo 3200mah 11.1v 3s (bought in spain = problem ?) and i had been flying for about 2.5min was on my return to home to land and maybe at 10 meters to landing ...pop it began to sizzle and smoke, dropped from the air and began to sizzle up , I ran and unplugged it and it just split in half and melted almost on fire....????? whats going on ?

was an epic fall from grace though...lol

?

change all servo,s to Digital bruschless we have them soon in stock.
these will turn your av-200 into a mount that your eyes can't follow.
we are selling these as part of our AV-200 PRO 2.0 or upgrade package that work together with the new picloc V3.
these servo don't need a bec they run strait of a 2cell lipo.
the 360 does a full turn in less then 2 seconds 1 second a a bit :)

the 24c65 do the job also ok on the a v200 if you get also the smaller pro upgrade package you won't have the typical MK delays on center anymore.
this set contains a sprocket and a new Potentional meter

jappie911

Hi,

I also want to use a UBEC with 6V-5A output for my AV-200, and also want to use it for some new 6V led's.

Until now I was using an TRACO unit with 12V output on the distr.board of my HEXA XL. for videoTX and 12v leds.

Is it possible and ok to use the UBEC after the TRACO ? So I do not need an extra lipo.

4s lipo > Distr Board > TRACO 12V output > VideoTX 12v

And use the same TRACO 12V to my UBEC > 6v for AV200 and 6v led's.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Jappie I think the traco can only give out 1A or ? that wouldnt be enough for your Ubec both seros on your AV 200. You have enough connection possibilities on your octo dist board to connect the ubec directly to the man voltage and than to the AV 200 servos.

jappie911

I think your right about the 1A. from the Traco

I will take the small + - pads on the flight contrl.

They take enough amps ? (with big enough cable's.)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
yeah no worries the pad take enough and servo cables are thick enough there will not be so much current flowing, no worries !