Which model of Fat Shark goggles are most appropriate for FPV?

dma251

There are a few different models of fatshark's out there, and I am having trouble deciding which is most appropriate for FPV. About ready to buy, and I don't want to choose poorly.

Attitude SD
Dominator
Predator V2
Aviator Edition ?!?!?!?!?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
i think the attitude sd are replacing the dominator market. got all the adjustments like doms..... predator are the entry level set, i think the v2 replaced the head tracking stuff for a better vtx, 250mw.... used to get the 100 with it... this is a bad time to ask cause two of teh 4 you asked about aren't out yet, haven't heard actual likes or dislikes about any of it anywhere yet.

We should see a flood of hd goggles soon

I want to get another pair soon, something high end.....

Malcr001

As long as FPV continues to stay analogue HD goggles are pointless. Also they normally they tend to have a secondary unit that you have to carry. For example with headplay goggles you have to carry the "liberator" around which just reduces portability in my opinion.

kloner

Aerial DP
right,,, there just going to be the norm probably mostly a marketing ploy, higher resolution in bigger screens. My monitors are all 720p and 1080p, it comes in at 640x480, shows it when it turns on so that's all this immersion and lawmate stuff is transmitting.

DesJardins

I've got my Dominators showing up Monday per tracking a my first set-up.
Can't wait... Might have to play "cough-cough, not felling well" for a few days to have some fun!

kloner

Aerial DP
take your time fitting them,,,,, you want them as comftorable as ya can so your not fighting that and your rig

I'm gonna get a set of something new soon, now i run that 2.4 i can get it built in again like my 5.8 was, nice for a quad on the go

DesJardins

Yeah, that's the reason I went goggles vs a monitor.
I wanted something that could be a grab'n go to get started

DesJardins

Holy shot balls that would bring things to a crazy level & I'd buy'em in a heart beat!
But seeing something like that on the market will be years away from what I believe

kloner

Aerial DP
this is them displays that are like a credit card thick........ i kinda remember this a year or two ago..... on the news