Which do you prefer? Flying through Goggles or Monitors?

abonto

the best straight replacement without a bunch of hassle is immersion 5.8 600mw
Thanks Kloner, I'll look into this. Is this compatible with the chinese 5.8? Or this only works with the fat shark built in receiver? How is it behind trees though?

kloner

Aerial DP
that one is compatible with anything fatshark or immersion like uno, duo, fatshark, stinger. chineese only works with chineese and boss only works with boss.

5.8 is still 5.8, just better range. it's your best option without stepping up to ezuhf and using 2.4 for video

abonto

that one is compatible with anything fatshark or immersion like uno, duo, fatshark, stinger. chineese only works with chineese and boss only works with boss.

5.8 is still 5.8, just better range. it's your best option without stepping up to ezuhf and using 2.4 for video
Thanks Kloner, but do you own a 1.3ghz? I heard this range goes through walls and trees, are these true?

kloner

Aerial DP
I tried em all and settled on 2.4 for video..... works best.1.3 is pretty powerful, but it's better on rigs without GPS, 1.3 interferes with it.

Can fly behind dirt mounds miles away feet off the ground with it.

dis is feet, right ladder is elevation. all my rigs run ezuhf and 1 watt lawmate 2.4 vtx's..... that is a wing but it's all i have a gps info on like distance, speed, etc

Last edited by a moderator:

abonto

Dang! That's really far. So even miles away your video still works using 2.4ghz 1watt Lawmate? Or are you using ezuhf on it too? Also, what OSD is that, looks neat and responsive.

kloner

Aerial DP
ezuhf is instead of the 2.4 radio transmission you use. it plugs in my trainer port and takes over the rc control. the 2.4 lawmate is the video tranmitter, it is compatible with 2.4 duo, that's what was in the video. that is eagle tree osd pro

i.php

Last edited by a moderator:

abonto

ezuhf is instead of the 2.4 radio transmission you use. it plugs in my trainer port and takes over the rc control. the 2.4 lawmate is the video tranmitter, it is compatible with 2.4 duo, that's what was in the video. that is eagle tree osd pro

i.php
Thanks Kloner, very informative. I'll look into that ezuhf. :)

abonto

Hi Kloner, one last question. What's the best fixed wing model for FPV you can recommend? I want it small, slow & portable, but still be able to withstand 10-20mph winds? Thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
slow and likes wind, dunno if it exists. trappys new wing would be a nice arf, the term slow makes skywalker type planes come to mind

abonto

slow and likes wind, dunno if it exists. trappys new wing would be a nice arf, the term slow makes skywalker type planes come to mind
No not those small skywalker, hehehe. It can be fast, but at least stable to fly, unlike those P-51 and very sensitive flyers. Maybe something close to a trainer, but smaller. Sorry, don't really know much about fixed wing, but I noticed the FPV experience is longer compared to the multirotors.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
a zephyr is a good place to start. you can slow to about 20, speed up to 90, fly for 40 minutes and can usually cover 30ish miles built right. i usually wind up 2-3 miles out then i turn around and drag my prop around, it's a good time, but needs space to do it right,,,,, open space

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525711

Kloner, you running 3S or 4S and in parallel and what capacity? Flight time on that setup? I love your orange and black wing...those things look like a blast. Can't wait to get into mine.

kloner

Aerial DP
4s pairs of 3300 on the orange one paralel. the 130mph zxr is 4s 4000 in series, ZXL is 6s..... just depends what your looking for

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
4s pairs of 3300 on the orange one paralel. the 130mph zxr is 4s 4000 in series, ZXL is 6s..... just depends what your looking for

On the Zephyr ZII you have, I think that's your orange and black one, how much flight time do you get with the 2 x 4S x 3300 setup? It seems like you can really cover some area with these. What would you say the stall speed is, I think I saw you say something about 30mph if I remember correctly? Thanks for all the info! You must answer a 100 questions a day Kloner :) :) :)

kloner

Aerial DP
it all depends how hard you push it and the motor prop combo, that scorp motor doesn't get the best mileage. it stalls around 12-14 mph, best footage is 40-50mph, 10-12 amp draw usually i get 30 minutes in and im over it, need a break