Where do you mount your VU?

frviana

I mount my VU on the top so it makes easier for me to see the status before start the flight however, I miss having it on the botton when I am flying.

Where do you guys mount your VU?

DesJardins

I figure when I'm flying farther away the light won't do anything for me

03759302-3A78-4AD2-BCC7-1F9F619F2240-3245-000003185B2337D1.jpg

kloner

Aerial DP
because i want to see the light and have the least interference i put em here

001f (1024x768)_795.jpg

never cared about the light till i got a gps.....

BerndM

I have mine mounted to the underside of the bottom plate facing the rear. My RX is directly above it on top of the plate. So far this has worked perfectly for me as it is very visible.

kloner

Aerial DP
i tried that for a while, still use the same one, but look what happens at the begining and like 2:20,,,,,,, it scared me bouncing off it like that. lvc happens, that was just flat outta battery not the naza shutting it down. battery was damaged and din't catch it till the osd showed 11 volts on a 4s and it was coming down like that. careful, that thing failing is what makes em eat people when you plug em in the assistant later,,,, ask plingboot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up7MJV7M7HI

cpmboy

w/o leg extensions , I just put it on the side arm,
w/t leg extensions, below lower plate with the ability to be pivoted...

Attachments

• IMAG0317.jpg
    IMAG0317.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 243
  • IMAG0318.jpg
    IMAG0318.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 216
  • IMAG0319.jpg
    IMAG0319.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 231

Malcr001

VU? Ive never come across that acronym before. I presume its something to to with mounting your vtx/rx antennas?

kloner

Aerial DP
that's what they call it in the manual. it is a bec, led light and the usb port for connecting to a pc

hjls3

w/o leg extensions , I just put it on the side arm,
w/t leg extensions, below lower plate with the ability to be pivoted...

cmpboy, if you dont mind me asking - what the benefit of being able to pivot? little easier to plug in I suppose?

cpmboy

cmpboy, if you dont mind me asking - what the benefit of being able to pivot? little easier to plug in I suppose?
easier to point the VU to which direction either toward the rear@front (easier to see when doing setup or low hovering) or just directly below (during flight......)