Where Do I get a DJI Replacement GPS post

airship

if you need only the carbon rod you can have a look at the hobby shop that sell kites for less than 2 euros you can buy one meters of rod ;-)

airship

no god ;-)
if you want i have a spare plate upper and lower , even if i think that the postage to you will be more expensive than to buy it locally

adanac

Without knowing where to buy it locally I couldn't say, although I'd love to come visit Taormina again.

airship

so come and get it for free!!! plus one "granita" and "cannolo"
if come again here just let me know, will be nice to meet friend with same hobby ;-)
where do you live?

RobertsUp

The gps module can be mounted directly to an arm. With the Z value in Naza assistant set to 0. Lots of fliers do it. Put a copper foil rfi shield underneath the puck and ground the shield. You don't have to have the module carried up high on that flimsy looking stalk. That seems to be a Dji peculiarity.

(You can trust me because I'm always right, and I never lie.)

LOL, Rob :tennis:

adanac

I have no idea what copper foil is or where to get it but I suspect at this point that it's easier to get than a replacement mount or the GPS. That frustration is tempered by the honor that I am apparently the first person ever to break one!

airship

I have no idea what copper foil is or where to get it but I suspect at this point that it's easier to get than a replacement mount or the GPS. That frustration is tempered by the honor that I am apparently the first person ever to break one!

:nevreness:i've never broke one ... simply i haven't mount it:tennis:

RobertsUp

You can buy the copper foil here: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dimarzio-copper-shielding-tape You only need a little bit. One unit that they sell.

It's sticky sided and you can fold a section back on itself. The sticky substance is conductive. I drew an outline of my gps module to estimate how big a circle to cut out of the folded length of tape. I cut it out a little oversize and attached it to an arm near the top plate with that super tacky 3M outdoor mounting tape. The gps module is then stuck to the surface of the copper with that Dji supplied tape circle shaped piece. It's necessary to solder a wire section to the bottom of the copper and then solder the other end to any ground on the craft. If the copper shield isn't grounded it won't be effective.

You're not the only person to have broken that fragile stalk. It's why I have never mounted the gps on it.

Last edited by a moderator: