Whats this?

CopterCam

Very interesting thoughts and observations guys.................... there comes a stage in all of this where we reach a point of no return. This dilemma is fueled by the technological advances and creative endeavours of individuals. It is a human trait that our level of expectation increases directly in proportion to our spend and we demand a certain reliability, quality and value for our outlay.

Now, one mans meet is another mans poison and for me in Ireland the recession has bitten hard into my ability to earn so consequently I have become a bit more discerning when it comes to spending. Hauling expensive gear into the sky is a risky business and we naturally have an expectation that better quality components and more advanced boards will protect our investment but every platform will carry a risk/reward factor. However, there is one certainty in all of this..... components have the potential to fail and gravity sucks !.......... and will ultimately hurt our pocket.

Sid

Buzzed

Very interesting thoughts and observations guys.................... there comes a stage in all of this where we reach a point of no return. This dilemma is fueled by the technological advances and creative endeavours of individuals. It is a human trait that our level of expectation increases directly in proportion to our spend and we demand a certain reliability, quality and value for our outlay.

Now, one mans meet is another mans poison and for me in Ireland the recession has bitten hard into my ability to earn so consequently I have become a bit more discerning when it comes to spending. Hauling expensive gear into the sky is a risky business and we naturally have an expectation that better quality components and more advanced boards will protect our investment but every platform will carry a risk/reward factor. However, there is one certainty in all of this..... components have the potential to fail and gravity sucks !.......... and will ultimately hurt our pocket.

Sid

Everything that flies carries an expiration date. Unfortunately we never know what that date is until the crash.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Buzzed.. hence your signature!

I know i will regret saying this coz it will happen to me but if you REALLY look after your kit and do not fly when you have the slightest suspicion theres sumat up (Bart) then you can minimise the risk.. the total failure of one capacitor, solder joint, rx, tx, battery cannot be foreseen but the basics can be checked and double checked to reduce that.. OH flippinflop moment!

Preflight checks every time.. post um up!