Whats the best way to improve my FPV clarity?

bensid54

Thanks Pete I will check out as much as possible. Around here in the Vancouver area there are no FPV dealers that I know of so all my choices are what I buy through the internet. What is the resolution like with base goggles?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
That is pretty much the case everywhere in the world, online is pretty much the only way.

And when you get it sorted you can do this.

Last edited by a moderator:

bensid54

Looks good Pete, I'm waiting for my clover leaf antennae to show up and my 600mw transmitter to see if that helps. I've repositioned my dipol antennae so it is almost touching the grass it sits on and given it more distance from my motor ESCs I'll see how that works today.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
If you want to use the goggles with a base station you need to get this Rx module for your goggles.
http://www.rotorquest.com/product_info.php?cPath=1599_1666_1715&products_id=102340

Or this one if you want to be able to use them with all brands of vTx.

http://team-blacksheep.com/products/product:110

And a battery if you don't have one already. ou may also want a charge lead but I made my own from a 2S extension lead.

http://www.rotorquest.com/product_info.php?cPath=1599_1666_1715&products_id=102331

Stacky

I wish I could find somewhere that makes extension cables for the circular polarised aerials. With my multis it gets a bit difficult positioning the aerial clear of landing gear and gimbals etc. I can put the tx down low but would rather have the electronics all in one place and run an extension aerail cable down to the antenna.

bensid54

Pete I have a Fat shark set of googles with a receiver and battery could I use those parts in these new goggles? Maybe I would be better off with the new goggles with a new receiver and battery.

bensid54

Received my 600mw transmitter in the mail the other day, replaced my 250mw with the 600mw and went for a flight. The difference I found was the view was a little clearer in all areas I fly over and I did not experience near the amount of video interference around buildings that I normally would with the 250mw. Matter of fact I was able to fly it almost 10 feet off the ground behind a building and still get video although not good I could still make things out. Now once the clover leaf antennae come I hope my picture gets clearer and then down the road new goggles are on the list of wants for my quad.

FlyGirl

Received my 600mw transmitter in the mail the other day, replaced my 250mw with the 600mw and went for a flight. The difference I found was the view was a little clearer in all areas I fly over and I did not experience near the amount of video interference around buildings that I normally would with the 250mw. Matter of fact I was able to fly it almost 10 feet off the ground behind a building and still get video although not good I could still make things out. Now once the clover leaf antennae come I hope my picture gets clearer and then down the road new goggles are on the list of wants for my quad.

Sounds like you are getting there Ben! Those antennas will make as much difference as the new VTx did....

bensid54

Thanks FlyGirl yes it's amazing what can make a difference, I hope to get those antennae soon and who knows maybe I can wait longer than I thought I could for new goggles as in July when Fat Shark comes out with their next model!

bensid54

Received my clover leaf antennae today! Now my question is should the antennae face a certain way for better clarity with these antennae? I know that makes a difference on the dipol ones and the stock ones but I'm not sure about these.

bensid54

I tried the Clover leaf antennae and found them not as good as the round dipol ones could be because Hobby King isn't all that careful about quality. My son brought me my new Attitude goggles and even just trying them in the house the view is much more clear, so when the wind and rain stop I'll be out trying them.