What size props on a DJI 450 with GPS and GOPro mounted ?

Can anyone tell me what is the best prop size for a DJI 450 quad (X mode) that is carrying a DJI GPS, 5.8 GHz transmitter (Fat shark), and a gimbal mounted Go Pro without case.

I am currently using 10 x 4.5, but do not have much lift. It used to be fine before the GoPro was added.
Thanks - Ian

Jackella

Hi Ian,whats it weighing RTF?

for example my 520 quad with FPV stuff and 1000kv motors weighs in at 1640g with Graupner 10" props and hovers at 50% thr. in Atti and manual mode and solid FPV 12mins.,70% bat. discharge flights,think the DJI motors are similar KV?

Hi Ian,whats it weighing RTF?

for example my 520 quad with FPV stuff and 1000kv motors weighs in at 1640g with Graupner 10" props and hovers at 50% thr. in Atti and manual mode and solid FPV 12mins.,70% bat. discharge flights,think the DJI motors are similar KV?

Hi there Jackella

Just weighed her complete with 3 cell lipo and she sits on the scale at 1400 grams, so a bit lighter than yours ?

My problem is that the last few flights she has descended after about 1.5 minutes, and sits about 3 inches above the ground in GPS mode. I will try her with brand new lipos as soon as a new batch have been charged. What throttle curves etc do use in your radio. I use a JR DSX9 set in heli mode, but don't really seem to have any range of power after a very short space of time.

I have just "rebuilt" her to tidy the wiring etc after fitting the GoPro and GPS, and she was flying happily before they went on her ?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Graupner 10x5 will give u all the lift you need. I fly mine with a GP2 3D and two 3 cell Overlander 2200 in parallel and get 12/13 mins

Dave

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for that Drioder (nice looking quad you have there - why the two cameras - 3D results perhaps ?) I will try mine with a pair of 2200 lipos to see what happens. Currently I use a single 2200 30C lipo.

Jackella

Hi there Jackella

Just weighed her complete with 3 cell lipo and she sits on the scale at 1400 grams, so a bit lighter than yours ?

My problem is that the last few flights she has descended after about 1.5 minutes, and sits about 3 inches above the ground in GPS mode. I will try her with brand new lipos as soon as a new batch have been charged. What throttle curves etc do use in your radio. I use a JR DSX9 set in heli mode, but don't really seem to have any range of power after a very short space of time.

I have just "rebuilt" her to tidy the wiring etc after fitting the GoPro and GPS, and she was flying happily before they went on her ?

seems like your lipos are tired and not delivering the volts need under load for lift..OR could maybe a very poor batt/quad connector which can give similar results,mine landed early in failsafe a few times before replacing batt. connector on the quad.
2200 mah not gunna give you long FPV flights for sure! i use a 5300mah one.

I use same radio also but in airplane mode,no GPS so just use 'gear' switch for ATTI or Manual mode,rarely fly in ATTI nowadays,far too sluggish for my tastes:tennis:
Throttle all linear,nice and punchy!

Cheers Jackella

Will redo the connector, that can as you say cause this sort of problems. I flew her yesterday with a brand new 2200 lipo and she seemed to stay aloft a lot longer, and with more punch, so maybe my other cells are getting old, which is quite possible, they have been used for heli flying for quite a while now.