What lipo batteries do you use?

Mactadpole

added Turnigy nano-tech 4S, 6000 mah, 25C and 4S, 4500 mah, 25C.

Definitely would like to try the MaxAmps 11,000 mah!

Shawn

Macsgrafs

I would add mine, but I messed up the spreadsheet when I tried :(
Nano-tech 4S 4000ma x 4 per flight

Ross

Mactadpole

those 6000 nano-techs look like a good deal Shawn. Are they holding up ok?

The turnigy nano-techs have been really good to me. I balance charge them pretty much every time. The one thing I do notice is that I have had to set my lipo alarm at a higher voltage than I ever did on my hexa's with zippy batteries. When I first tried to use the standard setting of like 3.3v per cell I noticed that they had absolutely no reserve left in them after the alarm sounded. I literally had like 15-20 seconds to get the thing on the ground and a few times I was at full throttle by the time it touched down fairly hard. I think I now have the alarm set at 3.6 or 3.7v which gives me plenty of reserve time. Keep in mind this is on my X8 fully loaded at 4.7kg and with two in parallel for 12,000mah I get about 13-14 min. flight time. The few times I have not done a balance charge i notice they will take in close to 6000mah even though the voltage per cell under load was at 3.6 or 3.7v so maybe they got more in them than 6000mah. I'm not a battery wizard but that's how I see them behave. A couple are ever so slightly puffed compared to the others but they still perform the same.

Shawn