What is actually the best Flight Controller for HL multirotors...?

Hello,
I read many theards on forum - i plan to build heavy lift Octo X8 for RED,BM,DSLR and other cameras

I totally lose confidence for DJI A2 after what you wrote in theards on this forum...
My choice is between DJI Wookong-M and Mikrokopter 2.50...(Wookong-M with firmware 5.20 is probably quite save(?))
Actually i have multirotor for Sony Nex 5R camera with MK electronics, but i dont like very low precision in Position Hold and fly inline (multirotor flying for angle - removes it aside - calibration compass is well)
I'm very happy, that i dont have any issues with MK electronics in two years!!
I've in plans foldable X8 multirotor with 5215XF 435KV and UAS 55+ ESCs - That why i need very safe FC - RED camera is not for free!

So... What do you think:
What is actually the best FC for multirotors?

Best regards,
~Matthias

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
If you dont need GPS I would say the hoverfly pro is the most stable and reliable of them all. Very easy to set up for varying weights and configs. At least thats my personal experience. I know it's starting to become a "classic" fc now but I don't trust anything from China. DJI would be last on my list if nothing else to not support the devil company.

Av8Chuck

Trouble is that HoverFly has all but disappeared from the forums and when they did that combination didn't work well, at least in comparison to what's available today.

Not ot really sure what they're up to as a company but I would not recommend that as a good choice today. That's a real bummer the HFPro was my favorite and most dependable controller.

Ronan

DJI A2, there's nothing wrong with it. Only a few of them had a problematic GPS or IMU. Nothing compared to how many of the earlier WKM had problems.

Certain members swear by SuperX, i never used it so i can't say.

Our X8 flies with a Naza M V2, and it flies great! Once we put a heavier and more expensive payload, i will switch to a A2.

If you don't want to fly with GPS, flip a switch and fly in ATTI.

kloner

Aerial DP
the SuperX is my favorite..... loves wind, feels slower to correct like hoverfly used to but has gps functions that work. work really well for us, heavier the load the better it works.... heres some footage from them

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2073.jpg
    IMG_2073.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:

Cbergen

On the A2, version 2.3. I've built and delivered appx 30 machines using this without issues during test flights.

WKM, version 5.26. This is also what I use on my personal machine, a 900 sized bird designed to carry a 12lb payload. It has a WKM with 900mhz datalink on it as I haven't had a reason to upgrade it, works great!

Its important to understand that I build and test each of these systems, machine and autopilot. I am VERY familiar with the setup, and design my machines with these FC's in mind regarding vibrations and material selection. YMMV....