What hdmi to composite converter for your gh4?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the kopterworx converters were basically a white box unit that was removed from the case and modified to work more easily with our helicopters (wires, connectors, etc.). and they stood behind it if/when one was DOA
some cameras export 5v through the hdmi, some don't. NEX variants do, GH3/4 don't, AFAIK

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Avoid the "micro" PAL/NTSC converters as I have never had one actually work with NTSC, the vendors usually just lie about it.
I use a "micro" converter, but for me it's no problem that I get PAL out (more of a feature, actually:)

The problem for me is that the HDMI-converter is the only thing on my multirotor that need 5 volts. Everything else runs just fine on 14.8 volt (even though they claim 12 volt), but not that one.

Pumpkinguy

Getting nowhere with the gh4 and the magic white box. The gh4 shows on my TV when hooked via hdmi but nothing is transmitting thru the white box to my immersion vtx. Little frustrated

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Getting nowhere with the gh4 and the magic white box. The gh4 shows on my TV when hooked via hdmi but nothing is transmitting thru the white box to my immersion vtx. Little frustrated

What frame rate? Sometimes you have to start in a lower frame rate to get the converter to "start up" and then you can change it after it's fired up. This is the case on my BMPCC enemies.

Bartman

that/s what i've been using although i haven't tried it with the GH4. maybe this week, i'll post something yea or nay when i know.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
My Kopterworx converter works great with the GH4, no power needed. I have it wired in such a way that I just need to plug in a servo connector to give it power, though.

Pumpkinguy

My Kopterworx converter works great with the GH4, no power needed. I have it wired in such a way that I just need to plug in a servo connector to give it power, though.

First of all, your avatar is really freaky. Lol

Could you kindly share you camera settings?

Thanks

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
First of all, your avatar is really freaky. Lol

Could you kindly share you camera settings?

Thanks

Er... gimme a list... I'm not the camera guy. I just plugged it in and it worked, I'm getting all the wiring cleaned up and prettying everything up while the actual camera guy is working another job :D

Bartman

aren't you contradicting yourself? you say no power needed but then say plug it in via a servo connector for power.

i'm confused.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
aren't you contradicting yourself? you say no power needed but then say plug it in via a servo connector for power.

i'm confused.

No, I set it up so that if I did need power (on some other camera for example), I can just plug in a servo connector I spliced in. The GH4 apparently doesn't need it as it worked just fine without it.

We're using an external power source instead of the internal battery though, I don't know if that would make a difference.