what Gimble

Clone4259

Hi please could someone recommend a cheapish brush less gimble that would be ok for a Flamewheel 450 and a SJ4000 SJCAM wifi

Thanks Gary

FlyGirl

Don't use Wifi (I don't think the SJ4000 has WiFi?) on the camera Gary as your transmitter uses the same frequency range and will overwhelm your receiver. I don't know the dimensions of the camera but I know it is supposed to be a GoPro clone. If it is the same dimensions as a GP then I would recommend a Tarot T-2D gimbal.

Flygirl...How difficult is it to mount, balance, set up the Tarot T-2d? I would spring for the Zenmuse H3 except I'd then have to upgrade my gopro 2 to the gopro 3. I like the simplicity/integration of the zen.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Flygirl...How difficult is it to mount, balance, set up the Tarot T-2d? I would spring for the Zenmuse H3 except I'd then have to upgrade my gopro 2 to the gopro 3. I like the simplicity/integration of the zen.

In my experience the tarot wasn't as easy as the zenmuse - bit then it costs a bunch more too. They are both set up for the gopro3, but I've seen people mess with them and get a gopro2 on there somehow.

FlyGirl

It was fairly easy for me and this is the only gimbal I have experience with. I just have it zip tied to my frame, the one over there on the left in my avatar, my Y6. I left it at the stock settings which seemed just perfect for my GPH 3+. I did have a little difficulty loading the firmware which wasn't really covered very well in the instructions but eventually I got it to load. Haven't had to touch it since....

Roto5411

Just received a Tarot T2D. Installed it on a DJI F550 with a NAZA M controller and DEVO7 transmitter and receiver. Finally figured out how to get the gimbal to tilt today using the X2 knob on the transmitter.
Step 1: hook receiver's AUX1 cable out to X2 on the Naza. Leave X1 connector blank.
Step 2: Connect middle "T" pin on gimbal board to the top pin on AUX2 on the Devo7 receiver.
Step 3: Connect ground pin on second row of pin on gimbal board to the bottom pin on AUX2 connector on Devo 7 receiver.
Step 4: Program DEVO7 transmitter with the following settings:
In MODEL select OUTPUT - select the following: GEAR - FMD & ACT, FLAP - MIX & ACT, AUX2 - AUX2 & ACT.
Gimbal should tilt throughout its entire range using the X2 knob on the DEVO 7 transmitter. You will not lose IOC or Failsafe switches on FMD or MIX if you use the above combinations. There is also no need to "Turn ON" the gimbal in the NAZA software.

Tried hooking pins from the gimbal board directly to F2 on the NAZA as all the directions say. Doesn't do anything but make the gimbal go screwy. Read somewhere that the F1 and F2 on the NAZA is for gimbals that do not have their own circuit board.
Hope this helps alleviate the pain of setting up your new gimbal. I've been struggling with this tilt issue for months, on several different kinds of gimbals.
ROTO

flitelab

This is how to get the Tarot workign through NAZA:

Figured out how to get positional Tilt working on stock Phantom Tx with the extra channel on the back of the Tx.

Since to trigger positional mode on the Tarot you need to connect the C input to another channel as it defaults to rate mode with nothing connected. Connect the F2 signal pin to the T on Tarot as well as the F2 ground to one of the Tarot ground pins as noted by other posters to setup the Tarot tilt control.

Then...
- Connect the NAZA F1 signal pin to C on Tarot controller
- In NAZA Assistant set Roll travel to 1000 500 0 and set Roll gain to 0

This basically forces the roll output from NAZA to always fall into the range for Mode 2 on the Tarot C channel which turns on positional mode instead of default rate mode.

However that is mainly for the Phantom where there is no means to access the tilt channel directly. If you have your own receiver then don;t go through the NAZA at all, just connect the extra channels to the Tarot mode and tilt channels and control directly.