What frame to buy Skyjib X4 Lite or Cinestar 8??????

Hi Chaps

I'm upgrading my ship. i have bought a Cinestar gimbal and 3 axis Radian. So would probably make sense to buy the Cinestar frame but i really want a coaxial as my Wookong will work better with that also the flat 8 is a pain to travel with. so i guess my question is, Will it be fairly easy to fit the cinestar gimbal to the Skyjib X4 Lite frame? does anyone have experience doing this?

Also one day i'll upgrade my motors n esc so i can carry a red Epic so does it make more sense to go sky jib?

Freefly website describes the gimbal for any camera from go pro to red epic. The quick release adapter from allied drone I think needs something extra for the epic though

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Freefly website describes the gimbal for any camera from go pro to red epic. The quick release adapter from allied drone I think needs something extra for the epic though

I would contact FF and ask for their advice before assuming anything. They may say that but ask for examples of an Epic on the mount. I may be wrong but I seem to remember something way back. Maybe they have upgraded it to cope with the weight.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yup It will fly the epic thats proven in the link.. AND many others... Now go find all the useful footage so we can all see how it handles the weight in a professional environment and shoot me down!.

They may have sorted it now by upgrading the servos on the original versions to the branded Freefly ones that they come with now.

I can chuck one on my SJLX4/AV200 no problems and carry the weight its just how useful the footage is at the end of the day.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Not trying to shoot you down dave i'm new to this stuff. :)
just trying to find something i can afford to buy now that will not need replacing when i want to fly bigger cameras. I'm a film maker not a pilot so my goal is to be able to fly cameras in my productions. i'm not going to fly Red day in day out on it but if i'm shooting a film and i need a shot be nice to be able to have the option to send something that big up.
What gimbal would you recomend not that i can buy it as already bought the cinestar :)

dfxxx

Thanks for the referral Ollieleven. We have flown the RED on both the Cinestar and the AV200. Neither gimbal is plug-and-play with the Epic and both take a good amount of stabilizer tuning and adjustments to the gimbal hardware to get it "just" right. But both can and will do the job. I personally like the Cinestar and Radians. But i have seen good results with the AV200 with RSGS.

We have a couple of new quick release anti vibration adapters for the Skyjib v1 or v2 with Cinestar or AV200. Just visit the site and shoot me an email and I'll put you on the right track depending on your exact intended setup.

And BTW, this link is broken. We've discontinued that particular mount and replaced it with an easier to tune version called the "Echo".

-Josh
Allied Drones

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Josh

Looks like you have some nicely engineered adaptors on there..

I see QC.US has got a new set up for the Red.

Nice.

For the frame I believe that a Skyjib V2 X8 will handle the weight better and offer you the option of going to flat 8 if ever the need arises. Why spend twice to upgrade the motors later on. Get the heavy motors from the start (http://www.rctigermotor.com/list.php?catid=64)

The allieddrones adapter seems to work perfect with the DW quick release system and the new retracts: http://www.allieddrones.com/collections/mounts/products/gamma-cinestar-gimbal-to-skyjib-2

A different option: http://aerialmediapros.com/store/pr...-droidworx-skyjib-quick-release-adapter-p-247

Last edited by a moderator: