What are you transmitting/receiving your video signal with?

Fat Corgi

Hi all,
Just wanted to get some opinions on what sort of AV/TX system people are using for your MR's? Doesn't necessarily need to be HD, just your most successful setup for day to day use, when you are working in Aerial Photography. i.e. dual transmission, diversity, 5.8gHz, 2.4gHz, signal strength, antenna type, antenna tracking, etc. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I personally use ImmersionRC 5.8GHz stuff. It just works and the range is great. I'd recommend the 600mw tx. I once got it to 2km on my F550!

Your receiver/antenna is one of the most important parts! I use a diversity monitor with patch antennas on. The patch antennas make the signal bulletproof and are less prone to interference.

Erm, I think that's it...

Fat Corgi

I have the same transmitter, it works well. Are you just transmitting one signal, but receiving it with the two antenna's for the the diversity monitor?

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm immersion 5.8 or lawmate 2.4 on everything........ ultra blue beam on all of it. the one with the little balun on the mast.....

when i'm going miles out i'll break out the crosshair for the ground, them things are amazing but are kinda a pain to deal with, you can easily fly out of the beam width..... here is a wing video, 2.4 lawmate with crosshair on the ground, regular bluebeam on the rig.

like cable tv

2.4 on a multi

But takes 433 on the rc control to use 2.4 video.... it is the next level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheshirecat

Immersion 5.8 600mW (same as Ben) from the FPV Camera to a Patch antenna on a diverse receiver/LCD for the IOSD data and pilot view + an AV58L 5.8 down link from the Gimbal to a separate field monitor for the camera operator. both circular polarised antenna on the TX side.
I don't push it all that far always within 0.5Km but get a clean signal even when the TX antenna is facing 180 Degrees away.