What are the best settings to use on a gopro 3 silver edition for aerial photography?

I will be attaching a GoPro 3 silver edition to my quadcopter. I've done a bunch of research but, I'm still confused on which video settings work the best for aerial video. Is there any one video editor that is less than $200 that is good for editing and slow motion? It's all new to me so I'm just trying to get started. Thanks.

kloner

Aerial DP
the best settings are as high as you can set it,,, in your case 1080p 30t....... that's 1080p 30fps protune...... it makes huge files and it takes some post color correction using the go pro software initialy to make the nicest movies you can

I use powerdirector 11, it's alright. does great 1080p, color, but sucks at post stab. easy to do pnp, music, etc. It's like $60. if you have an nvidia video card win based system, it's a good way to go

Thanks for the info. Do you do any post stab with any other software? I assume you run everything through protune before any other editing software?

kloner

Aerial DP
yes, when protune is on you have to or it looks washed out, it's raw video. With protune off your camera is doing the color correction as it records, smaller file, just not as quality, kinda by alot. I've been seeing amazing results from hero2 in protune, amazing color, no artifacts, super happy with it. the silver is the same thing in a new case with a different lens

this is protune with post stab from that software i mentioned. The youtube post stab is less interfering

this is no post stab, check when the sun comes out, amazing little thing

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesome, very helpful. I'm not sure if the gopro3 black is really justifiable in my case. I'm thinking the silver will do what I need.