Welcome to RC Shutter

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
RCshutter.com has decided to join us for the long haul! THey make assorted RC electronics including shutter release devices for Canon, Nikon, GoPro and the Sony NEX series of cameras.

Welcome!
Bart

I have a nex-7.. do I just setup the camera to "remote cdr" mode to accept the signal? I will put it on a 3 position switch to get both photo and video.

KS

RCShutter

Founder of RCshutter
Yes, thats right. You need just enable remote function on your camera..
when use 3 position swith

Up : Take Photo (every second)
Center : Idle
Down: Video Start

Or reverse channel for Up-Down

Got it today!.. works like a charm!!!.. I order 2 and got 2. Wondering if I can plug both into a servo-splitter? Reason is that I have it on a S800/Zen15. The Zen15 spins 360, and I cannot mount the IR on the camera. I only mount it above, enough to trigger when the camera is in the right location to get the IR signal. If I can put both on a splitter, I could then put another IR somewhere else to be able to trigger when the camera is facing away from the first IR.

Thanks again.. it is easy and a great simple solution.

KS

RCShutter

Founder of RCshutter
Hello,
I'm sorry for the late reply.
I didnt try servo-splitter before. But i think it works correctly because these shutters works with standart servo signals. I think also you can use Y-Servo Extention cable easily.

Thanks

Got it today!.. works like a charm!!!.. I order 2 and got 2. Wondering if I can plug both into a servo-splitter? Reason is that I have it on a S800/Zen15. The Zen15 spins 360, and I cannot mount the IR on the camera. I only mount it above, enough to trigger when the camera is in the right location to get the IR signal. If I can put both on a splitter, I could then put another IR somewhere else to be able to trigger when the camera is facing away from the first IR.

Thanks again.. it is easy and a great simple solution.

KS

Canon eos

[Just ordered a Canon trigger - realized reading through the photo trigger / video are split - Question for you.. If the Camera is on Photo Mode - and the trigger ( 3 way switch) is pushed and held... will the camera keep triggering at the max Burst rate, or only trigger one single image per second? I was hoping to get bursts of a few frames at max FPS..

RCShutter

Founder of RCshutter
Thanks for your support,
This shutter will sent signal to camera every 0.5sn. So you can take picture 2 FPS. Because you know all EOS series cameras speeds different. I think 2 FPS enough for aerial photogaphy with all eos series.

Thanks again

I do action sports photography.. Would love a faster trigger (5-7 fps) is this possible? To reprogram?
Thanks for your support,
This shutter will sent signal to camera every 0.5sn. So you can take picture 2 FPS. Because you know all EOS series cameras speeds different. I think 2 FPS enough for aerial photogaphy with all eos series.

Thanks again

RCShutter

Founder of RCshutter
I can reporgram for you but i m not sure it works correctly. Because this shutter works using IR sensor so i don't know how many FPS supported when using IR sensor. But if you want i can reprogram and shutter will send signal faster to IR sensor. Ex. i will send IR signal every 0.2s. You can take 5 FPS if your camera sensor support this value.
Another way you can use cable trigger input of your camera. But this time you cannot control video function.
Which camera do you use?

I do action sports photography.. Would love a faster trigger (5-7 fps) is this possible? To reprogram?

Thank you

Thst would be outstanding! I use the 7d, and 5d3 currently on my octocopter! Thanks so much! I hope it works!

I can reporgram for you but i m not sure it works correctly. Because this shutter works using IR sensor so i don't know how many FPS supported when using IR sensor. But if you want i can reprogram and shutter will send signal faster to IR sensor. Ex. i will send IR signal every 0.2s. You can take 5 FPS if your camera sensor support this value.
Another way you can use cable trigger input of your camera. But this time you cannot control video function.
Which camera do you use?

RCShutter

Founder of RCshutter
Your shutter is ready. I will ship tomorrow.
It works with 2 function but i have not any idea about FPS speed. You will try and please tell me.

Thanks your support again.

Thst would be outstanding! I use the 7d, and 5d3 currently on my octocopter! Thanks so much! I hope it works!