My setup is:
Foldable H-Frame (wood) 50cm between rotors
T-Motors 2216-10 (900kv)
25A ESCs (simonK)
KK2. controlboard
Battery Zippy 3S 2800 30A
RX Frsky 8rD II plus
TX Frsky DJT

I had some problem in the beginning when i tried to start it up today. Motor nr1 was not reacting in the same way as the other motors. It came on pretty late when i cranked up the throttle.
But later on when I changed settings on the RX every motor got silent. I ofcourse changed it back and then suddenöy all the motors where fine.
So i went outside to fly. And because it was my first time flying anything rc it was tricky. But must say it went pretty OK.
But then I flew in to the foliage of a tree and the quad fell down a meter or so and in this accident the battery somehow got ripped out from the quad.
I went home to changed battery and when I plugged it in the ESCs and motors played their tune. But the KK2 board screen is lit up but blank and it won't arm either. Any ideas what this could be and is it something that I can try to fix my self?
My own theory is that because it had been raining before there was still some water on the leaves in the tree that got on to the control board and it shortened. Or could it be that it wont take any kind of hits?
Any suggestions I could try out?

mieti

Same problem

Moi,

Same problem straight from the box. First time I connected the screen, light came on but it was blank. Did you solve your problem?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
hmmmmm......i've got one of these but it hasn't been powered up yet. maybe i can try it tonight and see how it goes. for $30 maybe the secret is to buy them two at a time so there's always a spare on hand?

parkyi

Hi everyone,

I got one of these boards for my first ever quad (I'm still very new to this hobby). I flashed the board up to the latest firmware (v1.5 I think) I found the board very good and it's seems to fly very well and it's very handy being able to quickly change settings using the screen and menus when you are out flying. I'm very pleased with it, but as it is my first attempt at a quad I don't have anything to compare it to. Although I did just buy myself a DJI F450 kit with the DJI Naza flight controller, so we'll see how this flies, should be this Friday! :)

This is one of my early attempts at flying, I found the KK2 board to be very stable (Self Level is 'ON')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzkrQNZ3wXs&list=UU86g8TfAJGXksyuVJ4WUBsw&index=6

SPEKSTURM, as far as the motors not starting up all at the same time, have you calibrated your ESC's with the KK2 Board?, there is a way to do this from the board.

If it has got too wet, maybe this has affected it, you could try the old mobile phone trick of putting it in a bag of rice to try and draw out the moisture from the board.

Parky

Hey, Did you guys Calibrate your ESC's with the KK2 Board ???? This is done by setting Transmitter throttle to full then holding down buttons 1 & 4 on the kk2 board then apply power wait for beep then throttle down to Idle... Beep .. See Youtube for more info on this topic...

Hi! Sorry for not updating and answering in this thread. I gave up with the old board and bought a new one and got it up in the air.
The ESCs were all calibrated with the kk2.0 board. But one motor is still behaving a little bit strange when starting up. But when cranking up the throttle it catches
up the speed with the other motors. So I think there is something not right with one of the ESCs.
I now have updated to the latest firmware and it is behaving really nice. But I still find it very hard to learn to fly these things.

brijesf

biginner quod
you are right but i wish not happens to me too because i have one on the way...a brand new one from hobbyking.

hmmmmm......i've got one of these but it hasn't been powered up yet. maybe i can try it tonight and see how it goes. for $30 maybe the secret is to buy them two at a time so there's always a spare on hand?

brijesf

biginner quod
keep it up my friend......this is like challenge!!!.

Hi! Sorry for not updating and answering in this thread. I gave up with the old board and bought a new one and got it up in the air.
The ESCs were all calibrated with the kk2.0 board. But one motor is still behaving a little bit strange when starting up. But when cranking up the throttle it catches
up the speed with the other motors. So I think there is something not right with one of the ESCs.
I now have updated to the latest firmware and it is behaving really nice. But I still find it very hard to learn to fly these things.