Water buoy floatation system

FlyGirl

Actually Water Bouy has pictures of my craft with it on the legs (shown below)
I actually had a crash in a lake, it sank for a sec, 2 of the 3 deployed it was at night and you could see it from a mile away. I swam out and paddled back with it. Rice dry and new blades and it flew like nothing ever happened. I had an earlier crash without them and my naza and f550 is still there :(
These are great!
View attachment 17454

Nicely built machine there Gencode! Thanks for the picture as now I know how to mount them and like you, I have a quad at the bottom of a lake too... LOL!

By the way, I didn't see where they were coming from and the name, APS, didn't ring a bell but when I got the email notification the full name, Annapolis Performance Sailing, was on the email. The place is probably 3 miles from me. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

gencode

They are coming from Annapolis, MD
BTW, whats Ice? We don't have that in FL ;-)

Nicely built machine there Gencode! Thanks for the picture as now I know how to mount them and like you, I have a quad at the bottom of a lake too... LOL!

By the way, I didn't see where they were coming from and the name, APS, didn't ring a bell but when I got the email notification the full name, Annapolis Performance Sailing, was on the email. The place is probably 3 miles from me. ;)

gencode

Be sure to aim them down because if they accidentally deploy it wont hit the blades in mid flight. Its never happened to me but just in case.

FlyGirl

They are coming from Annapolis, MD
BTW, whats Ice? We don't have that in FL ;-)

Yeah yeah yeah.... You laugh now about the ice but talk to me when it's 400 degrees out down there next summer. LOL! Thanks for the tip on pointing them down! I wouldn't have thought of that!

gencode

Looks like they are getting a redesign, I got a reply back from the manufacturer on why they were so hard to find.

Here is the response.

Dear Ed
Many thanks for your Waterbuoy enquiry. We took a break in production towards the end of last year in order to re-design the Waterbouy and improve it.
The new Waterbuoy will not yet be in stores for another few months.
We will be announcing the launch date on our website in the very near future!
Thanks again for your interest in our product.
Kind regards,
Michelle and the Waterbuoy Team

micke

Is there any news regarding the new design? Or should i order the "old" one?

Do anyone have any better option than store.ca for ordering? (I live in Sweden, but i can arrange a friend to relay the package from Canada.)

I would also like to point out that everything is lighter under water, so you don´t really need full cover of the machine´s weight in air. It sure feels safer though ;)

gencode

Is there any news regarding the new design? Or should i order the "old" one?

Do anyone have any better option than store.ca for ordering? (I live in Sweden, but i can arrange a friend to relay the package from Canada.)

I would also like to point out that everything is lighter under water, so you don´t really need full cover of the machine´s weight in air. It sure feels safer though ;)

No :( Maybe we could email them http://www.water-buoy.com/contact.php

I have 2 on my TBS Disco pro now, once they saved my craft from certain paral and I never fly in FL without them :)

Put 2 on the front
View attachment 17992

Attachments

• 2014-05-04 14.26.25.jpg
    2014-05-04 14.26.25.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 576
  • 2014-05-04 14.26.35.jpg
    2014-05-04 14.26.35.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 337