Wanting to build my first multirotor made for sports! Help needed?

Dongahh

Hey all,

So I've thought about taking on a project which involves a multi-rotor. I do a lot of wakeboarding and have thought about using a multi-rotor to record my friends and I riding. So I have to find a waterproof frame or find out how to make one as that is the most important thing. Now this is the big part that I'm not sure is possible or not, I have a bright yellow vest and was wondering if it was possible to make the drone follow a rider wearing a specific colour? No one controlling the drone other than it's self. It may be a big project or something hard to do but it should be possible. I'm very new to this all but would love to get into this.

If it is possible could anyone link me/point me in the direction to do it. Money isn't a worry for me and this is purely just for fun.

Thanks for any help!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
A quick google search came up with THIS: I've seen some people make their own with a series of Tupperware :)

Not sure about following a color - but search for Ardupilot. I think it has this type of "follow-me" function. Multiwii may have something of this sort too, but I've never messed with it.

Good luck. Might be tough but the project, succeed or fail, will be interesting.