Wanted Wanted - Droidworx camera mount

MikroJ

Hello wondering if anyone has a droidwork camera mount they have upgraded from, I only need a mount to handle a Go Pro or a Panasonic ZS7 so far. Im only after something similar to the MK hiSight equivalent to fit a droidworx frame, or if anyone can point me in the right direction .........

MikroJ

Hello wondering if anyone has a droidwork camera mount they have upgraded from, I only need a mount to handle a Go Pro or a Panasonic ZS7 so far. Im only after something similar to the MK hiSight equivalent to fit a droidworx frame, or if anyone can point me in the right direction .........
must be willing to post to Australia :cool:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
View attachment 337

Yep got one.. it even would come with mounts for the DW frame. It has been bust once but not badley. One of the servos is stuffed but that is no problem to replace

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 312

CopterCam

View attachment 630

Yep got one.. it even would come with mounts for the DW frame. It has been bust once but not badley. One of the servos is stuffed but that is no problem to replace

Dave,

Can't help MikroJ,................ but what about a 'Wanted and For Sale' category on the Forum. It seems that many are upgrading at such a rapid rate there must be lots of gear sitting idle ? Maybe, you can run this by Bart at your next 'Meeting' ?

Sid.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Sid,
There is already a free classifieds area and I'll get a "Wanted" area added to it, good idea!
Dave, I may buy that mount from you if MikroJ doesn't. It's a two axis suitable for a GoPro?
Regards,
Bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Sid,
There is already a free classifieds area and I'll get a "Wanted" area added to it, good idea!
Dave, I may buy that mount from you if MikroJ doesn't. It's a two axis suitable for a GoPro?
Regards,
Bart

Its an MK Hisight and the thing is there's no good way to securely mount a GoPro to a Hisight mount, the frame of the mount isn't tall enough to use the GoPro case with any kind of foot or tripod mount. What you can do is use a piece of soft foam under the GoPro and velcro strap around GoPro and the platform of the Hisight mount, that's the method I use on mine and it seems to work well as long as you don't mind it not being in its protective housing. Just don't crash and the GoPro will be OK mounted that way...;)

Otherwise the Hisight works great with just about any small point and shoot camera.

Ken

Bartman

Ken,
I made a little mount for my GoPro so I can put it on and take it off very quickly. Would it fit on that mount that way?
Thanks,
Bart

Attachments

• P1010315.jpg
    P1010315.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 292
  • P1010312.jpg
    P1010312.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 200

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Ken,
I made a little mount for my GoPro so I can put it on and take it off very quickly. Would it fit on that mount that way?
Thanks,
Bart

Yup, that would work and it's pretty much how I do it except I don't use the wood platform.

Ken

Bartman

OK, thanks. I needed the weight of the wood to help keep the mount on the X650 from bouncing around since the GoPro is so light.
With a second Okto on its way I'm thinking I'll put the GoPro under the first Okto with a simple two axis mount to do some video flying.
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just found how to post full size pictures on from think in my album! Go to the album and select the picture and choose the BB code, select it all copy and paste it in to your post.. simples!

Bartman

Dave,
Is there a trick to getting your servo wires to stay curly like that or do you just twist them around a dowel?
What's the asking price on the mount?
Thanks,
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
This is the repair. I could not remember what I bust when my DX8 crashed but I found the repair. I bust the top plate and have repaired it by supergluing a engine mounting plate to it from my Gaui spare collection

attachment.php

How much.. offers?.. One servo is stripped. Wires are curled round a thin steel rod but now I encase them in a spiral wrap.

MikroJ

PM sent - Looks exactly like what I'm after, to start off......... does anyone know of the mount that is made by droidworx, which is similar to the MK HiSight? as in model number/name? I was looking before I actually purchased an MK kit and found a droidworx base level mount but they only seem to have to kinds now ?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
DW / Photohigher do a AV100? I think it is called that only does nick and not roll. The is a thread on here and I recon RTryder has to be the gurru of camera monuts.. PM him for a very open and factual opinion.

Dave

PS

I am really happy with the PH AV130 but I think it could be better controlled by the FC.

MikroJ

Yes I have seen the AV100 but Im pretty sure there was one which look like it was made out of a clear plastic or something similar...... anyway I much rather the HiSight ;) lets see what you can come up with .......