Vuzix Wrap 920 video eyewear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Just bought these but they don't suit my needs. Picture quality is very good, screen size is big, everything is brand new and ready to go. Even have original box still.
$225 shipped in the US.

Crash

Defies Psychics
Just bought these but they don't suit my needs. Picture quality is very good, screen size is big, everything is brand new and ready to go. Even have original box still.
$225 shipped in the US.

So what's wrong with them?

Bartman

So what's wrong with them?

nothing really, they sit up on your nose like the fatsharks so it's not practical to use them for photography where i need to be able to fly line-of-site while also using fpv to aim the camera. i used them for two short flights so they're practically new. they sit up on your nose and you look up into them. the myvu's that i also have sit low on my nose and i look down into them so they work much better but i've had interference problems and thought it was the build quality of the myvu goggles allowing for interference since my monitor didn't have the same issues.
live and learn.
bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bart, how hard are they to say have them on your forehead. Fly to position ALT PH on then pull he goggles down and see what you are taking?

Dave

PS I am interested

Bartman

Dave,
I suppose you could do that but the issue becomes what do you do if the copter isn't behaving itself? Do you constantly flip the goggles up and down while you sort out what the copter is doing? Things havn't worked well enough, consistently enough for me to say if it's doable or not. I've been fortunate in that things have worked well enough but I continue to have wireless issues and I couldn't use the goggles the way you're saying with the issues I'm having.
I like the Myvu's for how I'm operating and I think my problems are coming from my copter so I'm back on the Myvu bandwagon.
There may be someone near you with a pair of goggles like this that you could try but it probably isn't worth it to ship them overseas just to have a try with them.
Last but not least, the image generator in these glasses could be taken out and mounted in another way but I don't have time to experiment with them. I've got a giveaway to plan for!
Hope that answers your questions,
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks.. I am going to try my mates fatsharks as soon as I decided which video tx/rx I am going to get.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.