Video Interference on FPV Display

Vortex

I'm having trouble getting my video link transmission cleaned up and I've tried just about everything I can think of........It has improved it but there is still a lot of crap on the display I want to get rid of.

This is what I'm using

HDMI camera output to HDMI-AV converter
Immersion 5.8 600mw Tx Planar aerials
Boscam 7" Diversity Rx/Display

I also have a similar FPV system with

TBS69 camera
Immersion OSD
Immersion 5.8 600mw Tx Planar aerials

Both systems are have a reasonable picture most of the time and other times looks like a Television which isn't tuned correctly and has grey spotty lines and white horizontal lines which change in intensity during the flight. The interference is still there when out in the open away from any obvious interference such as power lines Mobile Phones are switched OFF etc.

I have the Tx's at opposite ends of the copter and both displays have similar interference and it makes no difference whether one or both Tx's are on. There is an increase in interference when the 2.4G radio control Tx's are switched on. The interference is not isolated to the displays mounted close to the Tx's but also affects other displays and Fatshark goggles some distance away so it seems to me the signal that's coming into the Receivers is dirty.

I'm at a loss as to how to clean it up. Am I missing something and what can I try to clean it up??

Will fitting ferrite rings to the cable from the camera to the converter and the converter to the Tx make any difference or am I just wasting my time??

Thanks,

Lance

kloner

Aerial DP
skip the rings....

i'd try different channels on one system at a time and see if that clears it up..... the power it's fed is critical from the type, amount, cleanliness of install, etc. if you wanna post some close up shots i might see something out of place but usually it comes down to something like a bad solder joint, a video wire ran around a power wire,,,, theres always a reason

Vortex

Hi Kloner, Thanks for the reply. I have the exact same instal on 3 gimbals and am having the same problem on each one. I have just bought a 32ch Tx which had a much wider spread across the band and am going to try that in the hope that it might fix the problem. Tried different channels and some are definitely better than others but none are as clean as some of the pics of displays I've seen out there on other systems.

I'm presently running a 3S pack feeding both the BGC and the Tx........I've been considering fitting a regulator/filter and dropping the voltage back to 12v and seeing if that makes any difference. What do you think??

Thanks,

Lance

kloner

Aerial DP
how are you installing the antenna? is it tucked away or behind gimbal parts/cf/metal/ motors?

Vortex

The gimbal aerial is clear of everything and pointing directly down. The FPV aerial is clear and pointing up. Both are 5.8 planar aerials

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vortex

It looks like I have located the majority of the interference.........Orange 2.4G Tx module!!! I removed it and fitted a FrSky module and presto 99% of all the RFI is now gone!!!

I have wound a toroid and will install it and a cap as a line filter and see how that goes and I'm confident that should be the end of it!!!

Thanks for your help Kloner.....Much appreciated!!!

Vortex

I have a JR style Orange Tx module fitted into a transmitter and I'm using JR DSM2 and Orange DSMX receivers. It's the damn Orange Tx Module which has been causing all the problems all along!!! As soon as I fitted a FrSky Module 99% of the interference was gone!!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Orange Tx Module.jpg
    Orange Tx Module.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 227