XAircraft Video inside - XAircraft X650 Shake At Throttle Up - DJI Naza

Jesper

Yes, I think they do, also for other reasons. But would that make the problem appear after about 10 flights?
Can it have damaged something not balancing them from the start?

Jesper

The #1 motor sure has a bad sound to it! Almost like it has a small stone inside.
Guess it's the bearing going bad :) That could have been my problem all a long I would think, as it also had a slight wobble in air that I never got rid of :) Happy to find the cause of the problems :):):):):)

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

Good for you Jesper. I know that feeling well. Wonder if unbalanced props caused the bearing to go bad. Again, I am new to the hobby, but I can see how a vibration from the prop would cause that to happen. Hopefully some experienced person will answer that for us :). Glad you figured it out.

kloner

Aerial DP
yes it will eat your bearing flying unbalanced........ crashing does it to. one smack to the motor, usually makes at least one bearing fail. the only way to find em is to tear it down, flip the barrel to the motor around and stick the shaft into the bearing and spin them. if you feel anything at all it's done.

watch a video on balancing from somebody reputable like horizon hobbies or the like. it's all about the side to side part

Jesper

Thank you both :)

Then I'm back to a question I asked myself early in the build, should I change out the original 4 motors to some with a different shaft, making buying and balancing props easier?
If so, what motor match the original X650V motor?

kloner

Aerial DP
you can use regular props on them crazy motors. if there the same as dji, it's just an 8mm prop hub. graupner come stock that way as well as APC

rctimer, suppo are a couple cheaper brands, avroto and tiger motors are up the scale a bit

Jesper

Motor with the vibration is changed out, props are balanced, gains reset, but it still has the vibration/wobble at throttle up. And its rodeo like hovering ;)
I'm beginning to think this could either be the props themself, that I have damaged them when I hit the door on my way out. Or it could be the Naza
flight controller itself. It also has some problems coming to a stop yawing to the left. To the right it does a direct topp.

I'm going down the cheapest road first and changing out the 4 motors with a more standard prop hub. The 8mm ones did not fit, so I have to use a reamer.
What motors are a direct replacement for the Xaircraft ones? Must work with 12amp ESC.