[Video] DJI 550 Underwater footage!!

Not sure if this video has been posted here yet. I appoligize if it is a re post or placed in wrong section.I ran across video on youtube. Not my Video nor my 550.

Great underwater footage down to the bottom of the sea. Poor guy!

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
he had to of gotten it back to make the youtube. seemed deep, wonder how long that takes to find

AEA737

Hi

Can somebody post the link to the video please? Safari does not let me view it when it´s embedded.

Thanks,

Javier

Totality

Apparently he hired a local diver and pointed roughly to the spot. Was in 20 metres of water! ESCs and the motors still work!

Dewster

It looks to me as if he was learning to fly and became confused with the orientation?

Was he flying a Naza or WKM? If so he should have let go of the sticks. "Use the force Luke. Let go." Nice footage though. It looked more like he lost control of the craft and was fighting to keep it level before it hit the water.

Trulsen

Hi Guys!

This is my 550, and I am using the Naza. I do fly a Compass Atom 6HV, 7HV and a Mini Titan V2. on my daily basis so I can guarantee you I did not loose orientation. I also fly an Mikrokopter Okto XL a lot so i am used to flying helis and multicopters... I think this had something to do with bad calibration or something. When this happened i were in Atti mode and I tried to switch to Manual mode and last tried to switch to fail safe mode and nothing happened. Somebody thinks it has to do with a bad motor or a blade strike but i am not sure if i think that could cause it. In my opinion it should have fallen down, not take off and fly by itself. And i should be able to gain control even with one bad motor. But in this case it did not even respond to my corrections.

Everything works perfect today, even the Naza and I flew it for about 5 minutes ago. Have only tried two batteries after the crash so still have to fly it before I put my cameragear on.

I will be flying this with an Askman Gimbal and a Nex 5N when I can trust it enough. Will try to add the GPS again in a day or two. Thats the only thing i have not tried after the crash so not sure if that works now.

Trulsen

so how did you get it back? how deep was it?

killer little spot there, where is it?

I had a diver to dive for it and he found it on about 20-25 metres.. I am quite happy that the battery fell of in the crash. If that hadnt happened all the electronics would have died.

The place is here .. ;)

AEA737

I had a diver to dive for it and he found it on about 20-25 metres.. I am quite happy that the battery fell of in the crash. If that hadnt happened all the electronics would have died.

The place is here .. ;)

Hi Trulsen.
I would like to watch your video, but I have problems with Youtube and Safari. Can you please send the link to YouTube?
Thanks,
Javier