upgrading my dslr Cinistar mount

diverdan

I have been looking at upgrading my DSLR mount. The results are OK, but with the new stuff about, just wanted to see what are my option to improving the mount i have with noew fixtures and fittings, or should i buy something else on the market. I hear the unit can be easily upgraded..
Dan

kloner

Aerial DP
if your gonna have to fly dslr and up, i'd plan upgrading what you got....... if your market allows a gh3, ditch it. it's gonna be a while till a black magic or red is gonna be brushless and affordable.

NAB is in a couple weeks, if nothing else wait till then and see what all is coming out this year.

diverdan

Thanks for the reply.
I wan to have the option to use bigger cameras. My rig would take a black magic? Does anyone out there fly with a black magic yet?

jcmonty

I have seen a few videos of people flying it. I think that Ben (Yonder Blue films) may have flown it. If you are serious about the big cameras, keep the servo gimbals around until the BL gimbal stuff is vetted for that. Like Kloner said, I see it being difficult for anything beyond a small DSLR for a little while - the technology isn't there yet (current limited boards, low torque motors, etc). Get a BL gimbal setup for the smaller cameras