upgraded naza m to v2 and motors wont startup now

larryfl1

hey all,

i upgraded and went through the setup..

problem is now i can not get the motors to startup..

they were working fine before the upgrade...any ideas???

stepino

How do you starting them? Try all other CSC combinations.
Did you recalibrate your RX after upgrade?
Also check channels deflections on View tab in the assistant sw if they are full to both sides.

I have similar problem, channel deflections wasnt full and CSC doesnt "trigered" and recalibration not helped. Solved by adjusting travel limits in TX.

Hartz

Herpaderpinator
You have to do the advanced calibration in the assistant software (which you are prompted when opening software + mc is connected) and also the CSC appears to have changed to only accept down + inwards. I am used to using down + outwards so it messed with my head a bit.

nsscaver1

Also, if you didn't see it mentioned. The new firmware initializes the IMU for about 70 seconds at power on and the motors won't start until it's finished. Wait for the 20 green flashes at the end. It does lock on to satelites much faster now, if you have GPS.

Phil550

You have to do the advanced calibration in the assistant software (which you are prompted when opening software + mc is connected) and also the CSC appears to have changed to only accept down + inwards. I am used to using down + outwards so it messed with my head a bit.

Mine was doing the same i.e. CSC only working with down + inwards, but I adjusted the sub trims and travels to get the sliders to centre and turn green (as per stepinos post in another thread), and CSC now works with down + out as before.

Hartz

Herpaderpinator
Cheers Phil. Have DJI made the centre point more sensitive than it was before? I have never noticed that the sticks of my DX7s were not perfectly centred before this update, now it seems to be important.

golfo

i upgraded yesterday and now the motors won't start whichever way I try. Did notice that I calibrate the sticks in Naza assistant and then go off and try to start up, nothing, back to assistant and the sticks are out of calibration or off center again. Re-calibrate and center again, try to start up and nothing. Will try upgrade again...

Phil550

Cheers Phil. Have DJI made the centre point more sensitive than it was before? I have never noticed that the sticks of my DX7s were not perfectly centred before this update, now it seems to be important.

I didn't notice it with my DX8 either, but this was the only way I could get the new firmware to work, so perhaps it is more sensitive.
Have you flown yours yet? (too wet and windy here in the UK)
Did you have to alter any of the gains?

Cheers

Phil

Hartz

Herpaderpinator
I have flown with my stock gains which were about 150% across the board. I don't like it so far although it may be the new Graupner props also. It seems very twitchy, a little angry to control when zipping aroung but very smooth in takeoff and hover. It feels funny when tackling high alt wind too but I probably just need to get used to it. I have changed the gains to the defaults listed in the manual and will test them tonight.

Also I found how to recalibrate my DX7s and your DX8. Boot into system settings then change the mode from 1 to 4 or vice versa, reboot, calibrate, then change back again and recalibrate. Removes the need for subtrim now.

Phil550

I have flown with my stock gains which were about 150% across the board. I don't like it so far although it may be the new Graupner props also. It seems very twitchy, a little angry to control when zipping aroung but very smooth in takeoff and hover. It feels funny when tackling high alt wind too but I probably just need to get used to it. I have changed the gains to the defaults listed in the manual and will test them tonight.

Also I found how to recalibrate my DX7s and your DX8. Boot into system settings then change the mode from 1 to 4 or vice versa, reboot, calibrate, then change back again and recalibrate. Removes the need for subtrim now.

Thanks - I'll try that. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon and I can try mine!