UK Multirotor Forums Meet 15/16th September 2012

Malcr001

I'd love to go but these meetups are always way too far for someone who has no car. It would be nice to have one near London next time :(.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I'd love to go but these meetups are always way too far for someone who has no car. It would be nice to have one near London next time :(.

This is why I have suggested car sharing.

I am prepared to do one trip to Preston station on the saturday. I will have room for 4 passengers.

Dave

swisser

I might be able to come on the 16th. It's a long old haul from the south east though for a few hours there. Maybe I'll start a thread for a London area meet up to gauge the interest levels.

Skyhook

Sounds great, I'm thinking of coming up from north London. Would have to leave saturday evening though as have a shoot on the Sunday.
Could go up on Friday evening and get B&B for early start saturday?
I have an estate with 2 spare seats if anyone's interested.

Swisser I'd be very interested in a London area meet!

usnooz

I might be able to come on the 16th. It's a long old haul from the south east though for a few hours there. Maybe I'll start a thread for a London area meet up to gauge the interest levels.

I too might be interested in a london meet.

Malcr001

Definatly also interested in a London meet. I dont want to take up droiders time by going all the way to london and back twice.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sounds great, I'm thinking of coming up from north London. Would have to leave saturday evening though as have a shoot on the Sunday.
Could go up on Friday evening and get B&B for early start saturday?
I have an estate with 2 spare seats if anyone's interested.

Swisser I'd be very interested in a London area meet!

Skyhook thanks for offering to car share. I am sure there would be interst in a London meet.

WHY LANASHIRE.. mm well its middle country and I live there! BUT I also have great facilities for the meeting and also a great place for flying. For those not sure what you will experience then why not check out the thread from last years.

Here - http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?959-UK-Europe-MRF-Community-Meet

There are loads of pictures and info of where we will be meeting.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Don't forget Dave...good cake also included!

Andy.. I was just being selfish and hoping no one would find out that the worlds BEST lemon drizzle cake is also on offer ;-) Guess I now have to find a bigger place to hold the event!

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
One week to go. any more takers?

anaka
Jake Bullit
Maverick
Droider
Quadcopters
Quattro
RCpitstop
Zaxisx2
Langdale
AndySV1K
Macsgrafs
RC flying
eyeball

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
AFAIK ,it`ll be 9a.m onwards on Saturday.

These are the directions taken from last years event page:

Originally Posted by Droider

Drive right round the park and you will see a BIG caravan and a grey VW Transorter. Its there, Unit 701.

Its best to drive round and Park at the front of the row of units.. mine is the one with the solar panel array over the front doors.. I aint got a name banner on the unit yet

Dave
Merlin Park
Ringtail Road
Burscough, Lancashire
L40 8JY

Those details should get you there.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I'm looking forward to seeing people's camera and gimbal setups, and any interesting anti-vibration techniques. :)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just had great email from DroidWorx. To help along with the event they have sens some goodies to be raffled off.

I know its short notice but one of the goodies is worth quite a lot of money. I will be donating the proceeds to the Southport Hospice. I would like to draw the prizes on the sunday but would like to give the rest of the guys on the forum the chance to win the top prize which is a AD4 frame.

I am looking for what people would be prepared to pay for a ticket to win the AD4 but keeping in mind the proceeds are going to a very good cause.

Dave

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
That's great. It is a pity we didn't know earlier though, might have attracted more people. Not sure if it will make a difference or not, but I can mention it on my facebook page if you like, link back to this thread.
I'm not sure what to say for the charity raffle AD4 tickets, £20 maybe? I dunno, some people might think that's a lot these days. I guess it depends on how many people enter. I would for one of course.

Jits

Sorry - been out of contact for ages. Its been really hectic on the new farm - particularly since I'm not a farmer!

I know its short notice but just trying to work out if I can make it.

Will let you know.

Cheers.