Twin Red Epic 3D gimbal made and flown....

divertom80

So heres my puppy flying with two red epic cams. Cant divulge info on it but can say I built it in one day and I think its the first :) I also can say to people that anyone who says 'you need 4S for large cameras blah blah blah' I say no you don't as this is the biggest you can go and this is running from a 3S! :p

http://youtu.be/Z9Ui_0cMIOQ

kloner

Aerial DP
certainly not the first, but your close...... when you do 3d you want the distance between lenses the same as hunan eye spacing.... most do it with mirrors that i've been around.... that airframe/power combo doesn't look big enough to me.... we do it on u11's and 12s.....

divertom80

It depends how hard or soft you want the 3D to be, general 3D filming is at a set distance like the human eyes but some shots require it to be cheated

kloner

Aerial DP
gotcha

vignette_relief_28-10-11.jpg

if anything happens and you need a cover to keep the gig rolling hit me up....

Lanzar

So heres my puppy flying with two red epic cams. Cant divulge info on it but can say I built it in one day and I think its the first :) I also can say to people that anyone who says 'you need 4S for large cameras blah blah blah' I say no you don't as this is the biggest you can go and this is running from a 3S! :p

http://youtu.be/Z9Ui_0cMIOQ

Like the kopterworx HDMI converter :)
THis koper is not a good choice to fly this payload. Gimbal is running on 3s. But 4 or 6s on alexmoss Will give much more power and better results.

Thats pretty sweet, about a year ago I got a call to carry 2epics for a shoot involving a bunch of water so i turned it town. (writing checks my body cant cash)

Those must be some pretty high kv motors to be running on 3s, i have a sky jib with 4120/14 and 16inprops thats been shown to lift 40libs, im wondering what the AUW of this craft was?

wac

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I guess that answers my question if you used 2 motors on 1 axis if they would work together. That's just too much money in the air for my nerves.

kloner

Aerial DP
that's what insurance is for.... i'm sure the same feeling would be on anything expensive..... Makes it easier if you picture them all naked,,,,, hahaha

I had some of these famous hobbies red gimbals here, looked just like this, dual motor on tilt.... $2800 or something

Last edited by a moderator: