Turnigy Plush ESC's performance in wind

Bowley

For those using Plush ESC's; how do you find they perform in moderate winds or turbulent gusty breezes?
I get a lot of jigging about as the craft suffers the the lift differentials on my 4 props and the subsequent corrections.
In fact my F450 and X650 are really only rock solid in zero wind or at most, very light breezes. I have tried different gain combo's on my Naza's and only seem to be able to change the speed of the wobbles rather than the amount.
Very limiting for doing any video.
I just wonder if I'm asking too much of my gear in general or whether it is performing below par, perhaps my ESC's need programming as they are factory set at the moment.

Cheers

Steve

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure that has more to do with the Naza than the Turnigy esc's. I got my WKM Y6 to fly in about 15 mph and act normally but that is not going to give me any million dollar shots. The Naza is horrible in wind in atti mode. If you can tune it down and fly in manual it will fly in anything you can control it in. I'm using turnigy esc's on the Hoverfly pro and I am dying to see for myself how it acts in wind.

mailman35

my naza flies quite well in a decent wind. i was flying in 6-10mph winds yesterday, hovering is just blah you gotta fly :p

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
in atti? I have never experienced that so I just assumed it was the Naza. I've also never experienced it sitting level for more than a few seconds. Had a HARD drift right. it's being replaced now under warranty. i think they left the MSG off the board.

Bowley

I agree with you there mailman. my Naza F450 also flies awesome in the wind in general, particularly in manual. Thats not the issue.
I was refering to the minor attitude fluctuations I experience whether in FFF or hover.

Last edited by a moderator: