Turnigy 9x Controller with cheapo Quads like V929/949, Practical or Benificial?

Rotor Boy

Excuse my relative ignorance of the subject, but after flying little inexpensive quads such as the WL Toys V929's and V949's, I have became pretty accomplished, and even more so in repairing them. I really don't want to venture into the more sophisticated and expensive quads. I can waste enough money hanging these things in trees without doing it with high-dollar ones that I would really cry over!
My question here, is whether or not purchasing a much more involved controller such as a Turnigy 9x would result in better control and an overall improvement in flying fun for these simple quads, or would this just be a waste of money? I'm not really knowledgable of using sophisticated controllers such as this. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Bowley

If your looking for a radio that will carry you through to more advanced craft perhaps look at something a little higher end than the turnigy 9x, dont get me wrong its a great little radio for the price and the receivers are very inexpensive..like £10 a piece. which is nice if you need a few. My Turnigy certainly has outlasted my Hitec Aurora, it looks cheap and plasticy but it its pretty solid.

flitelab

I don't think there is a module for the 9X to allow use with theses mini quads is there? Unless perhaps with one of the custom firmwares maybe.