transition from hero2 to t2i, suggestions...

hjls3

So I about to stuff a T2i on to a AV130, fly it around and take some pics. I am wondering what is the best way to secure the camera to the gimble. I went to the store and got a few washers, wing nut and appropriate threaded bolt. That said, maybe there is a much better way? Suggestions.... and thank you.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Something we always do on car rigs after we've dialed in the rig and camera placement is to wrap the camera and whatever plate it's sitting on with an Ace bandage. You don't have to use an Ace but some kind of tether would probably be wise.
I had an AC not tighten down a dovetail plate once on a rig I built on a bobsled and at the end the only thing holding the camera on was the ace bandage-the bobsled driver shook my hand profusely for me putting that thing on. Plus if you twist your ankle in the field, you're covered!

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

Tstrike thank you. I am a big fan of having a back up. That said, never crossed my mind for the camera. A simple tether is a great idea. Not alot of room for the ace bandage (as much as I would like to have my ankles covered in the event of a twist), I will put some of my braided fishing line and a few nylon connectors to use.

hjls3

Its what I call the condom theory I would rather have it & not need it than need it & not have it.

that is funny and certainly accurate. Do you fly a RC Yak or the full size Yak? I have a few hours in yak 52 and they are quite thrilling.

yakjock

that is funny and certainly accurate. Do you fly a RC Yak or the full size Yak? I have a few hours in yak 52 and they are quite thrilling.

Some hours in a yak 52 would be nice! but its short for kayak jock as i like to go down hill on bumpy water in a small plastic tub when im not flying my MR.