Tracker

I am not sure if this has been talked about, but I am very interested in finding some type of Tracker that has been proven to work. I would like to have this on my drone in case there is ever a Flyaway. I have seen so many different types, but have no idea what will work the best. So anyone that has knowledge or suggestions please let me know. I think it would be good for it to have it's own power source that will allow it to stay on for some extended time. I guess we have to think about a number of variables as it may land miles away in the open, or in a place obstructed from the sky?

This company offers a variety of GPS tracking devices for High Power Rocketry and they work extremely well and at very long range..... Note that one or two models require a HAM radio license.
http://www.bigredbee.com/brb900.htm

I am not sure if this has been talked about, but I am very interested in finding some type of Tracker that has been proven to work. I would like to have this on my drone in case there is ever a Flyaway. I have seen so many different types, but have no idea what will work the best. So anyone that has knowledge or suggestions please let me know. I think it would be good for it to have it's own power source that will allow it to stay on for some extended time. I guess we have to think about a number of variables as it may land miles away in the open, or in a place obstructed from the sky?

Rhino

PeteDee I have the same one but am having trouble finding a sim card for it, where did you get your sim card and what kind? Inst. say it must be a 2G.
I have been back and forth with this company http://uavision.co.uk/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53 and it looks like a great way to track something, but you need a sim card and I am not sure where to find one in the US that wont expire or have monthly charges? take a look at the video on this link and let me know your thoughts

Nigel

I have the TK102 the same as Pete. Got it off ebay for £27 inc p&p. Put a Tesco pay as you go sim in it and it seems to work fine. Not had to use it for real thankfully!

I have the TK102 the same as Pete. Got it off ebay for £27 inc p&p. Put a Tesco pay as you go sim in it and it seems to work fine. Not had to use it for real thankfully!

It sounds great, but I am in the US and I have to find a sim card that will work here, or at least I think I need one from this area?