Totally new to RC and MultiRotors

chyoung

Hi,

I'm Chris and live in Columbus Ohio. I'm totally new to RC flying in general but have gotten very interested in building and learning to fly a quad (and other MRs in the future). I love a challenge and the learning curve in this is steep. Just my thing. I hope you guys won't mind a newbie with a thousand questions hanging around here.

For my first MR I'm building a DJI F450 using KK2, simonK ESCs and motors from RCManchild. After doing much research I feel good about the components. With a background in electronics (soldered hundreds of thousands or solder joints) I'm not worried about the build but flying and tuning are another story. That's where I will need your help, should you decide I'm worthy.

Some of my other hobbies include home brewing (don't worry I won't mix that with flying MRs) and guitar.

Be patient with me.

Chris

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Chris! I like beer too! And guitar!

There must be some sort of mental constellation that includes RC, beer, and music.

ANyway, get building and let us know when you're stuck. You might want to get some assistance with your first couple of flights or just take it really slow. I think there's some tuning involved with the KK2 and it might be a little squirrley at first.

Good luck!

Bart

chyoung

Chris! I like beer too! And guitar!

There must be some sort of mental constellation that includes RC, beer, and music.

ANyway, get building and let us know when you're stuck. You might want to get some assistance with your first couple of flights or just take it really slow. I think there's some tuning involved with the KK2 and it might be a little squirrley at first.

Good luck!

Bart

Hey thanks Bart,

You are probably right about the beer, music, RC flying thing. As far as the flying, I'm learning with a little quad (ladybird) that seems to allow for crashes with a great deal of tolerance. I did break the main frame but fortunately they are just $3.90 and pretty available. I have found numerous videos on setup and tuning the KK2. If it is as easy as they make it look I should be ok. I will definitely let you know when I need help. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: