Hoverfly Today's excitement, Hoverfly PRO beta firmware first flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Is the beta going to be pushed out before Monday? Would love to test it out this weekend.

i'd only caution everyone to proceed slowly. i'm not used to being part of the pre-release hubbub so I'd say take your time, make sure everything is set up correctly, do calibrations where necessary, then go through the process of trying everything one step at a time and stop if anything doesn't seem right. there's lots of help available here so don't keep going if everything isn't perfect.
bart

Mactadpole

HF,

Would you be so kind as to give us an idea of the features that will be included with the waypoint navigation? # of waypoints per mission? auto take-off? auto land?

AND some sort of timeframe?

I really need to know if this is going to happen in the next couple months so I can be prepared for my summer research season. I'll buy boards now and get a copter converted if I know its truly coming. I love my MK's but am admittedly always worried about a BL failure. Although it has happened to me and it didn't fall out of the sky.

I'm sorry I keep hounding you guys about this but it has been years since it was promised back in the Quadpowered days. A little insight, please.

Thank you, Shawn

Stacky

I have been building all sorts of multis with HFP boards for close to 2 years now.

Had a problem with my new X8 build.

Triple checked everything.
Reconnected everything
Did all esc calibrations twice.
Checked everything 3 times in the setup software.
Did the radio throttle setup thing twice
Triple checked that i had the props on the right way.
Triple checked the motors spun the right way.

Found one motor spinning the wrong way……

Webheadfred

Air Traffic Controller
I'm no expert Stacky but.... What ESC's are you using? Could it be that they're programmable for direction.... Did you test the motors on the arms before the arms were connected to the main body? I'm sure the obvious, swapping one of the three motor wires with another, isn't feasible or else you would have tried that... Could the motor be wired incorrectly? Just trying to throw a few things out there..

Stacky

Fred,
the problem was me being a dumbarse. Even though I triple checked everything I still missed the fact one motor was wired to run the wrong way. I rewired the esc connection to the motor and she flew perfectly. After all this time I still make easy mistakes and then miss the mistake multiple times.

I'm no expert Stacky but.... What ESC's are you using? Could it be that they're programmable for direction.... Did you test the motors on the arms before the arms were connected to the main body? I'm sure the obvious, swapping one of the three motor wires with another, isn't feasible or else you would have tried that... Could the motor be wired incorrectly? Just trying to throw a few things out there..

Photronix

Pilot
We are getting close on the Ground Station. The next firmware release will tell us alot about our readiness for releasing details about the Ground Station. I will talk with the team and get back to everyone on this.

We are getting close on the Ground Station. The next firmware release will tell us alot about our readiness for releasing details about the Ground Station. I will talk with the team and get back to everyone on this.

Hi Al,

I have to say that im pretty excited to hear of all this development and the prospect of having a solid GPS system along with the already established manual flight characteristics is pretty sweet!

I am somewhat confused at what i will have to do to get the best results. For example, will i have to separate the boards? if so, what do i need to buy? Does the GPS need to be any distance away from anything else?

Ps. Al, I just sent you an email.

Aerovideo

Thanks to both Bartman and Al for a great thread. I really do enjoy seeing posts of future development even if it's something I can't have in my hands right away. Just lets us all know stuff is in the works which is very cool!

Mactadpole

Thank you, Al. Can you share what features you have already incorporated in the ground station?

Hoping you can let us all know sooner than later!

Best, Shawn

Photronix

Pilot
OK....we were almost ready to release today but ran into some trouble. The new Mediatek GPS receivers (larger footprint version) are freezing up randomly. At the end of the day we are pretty sure we found the problem. We will test this Tuesday morning.

Sorry for the delay.

Aerovideo

No worries, I rather it be late and good than be early and buggy. Especially since I now have one of those GPS receivers! hehe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.